• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Army branches

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectorhfm

Hello guys, I was asking myself if this game is going to have several kind of soldiers: pilots, tankers, recon, normal infantry or even spies. As I see the scenarios are made and planed before playing. Consequently I guess there'll be a fixed amount of soldiers and only some branches will be available to play in that scenario.

Do you know if this is going to happen this way?

drummer93

Chapter 1 will include only infantry. In chapter 2 will add armor. They will be special units like sniper and maybe medics.

Aniallator

Welcome to Traction Wars, [MENTION=2889]hectorhfm[/MENTION] :) Tanks are planned for Chapter Two, and planes are a maybe for the far future. In Chapter One, available classes we know of are Assault, Commander, Grenadier, Machine gunner, Mortarman, Rifleman, NCO, Sapper, Sniper, and hopefully Spotter. Don't forget to have spotters, devs, basically just riflemen with binocs and, perhaps, a backpack radio. They're key to the effective use of mortars and snipers.

And yes, what classes are available depends on the map; it's based on historical accuracy. For example, if mortar units were known not to be present at an engagement (such as Merville Battery, where the Brits lacked them), then they probably won't be on the map.

Mars

Pathfinder Games
We will be going through what classes players will be able to choose within the coming weeks, but I should point out that we do reiterate on our design and scope so you won't be seeing things like spotters, radio operators, commanders etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.