• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Black Mesa Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
After longer than I care to remember the Black Mesa mod for HL2 has been released! I wouldn't normally post mod release news but I figured this is the one we've all been waiting for. Who said it wasn't ever going to be finished? :p

[video=youtube;4_SmxkW33ZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4_SmxkW33ZM[/video]

[h=3]Download Part 1 and Part 2 from ModDB[/h]
"Prepare for an experience that you will find Nostalgic, exciting and fresh. Black Mesa is a re-envisioning of Valve Software's seminal game Half-Life. You will re-visit the inaugural role of Gordon Freeman and his memorable journey through the Black Mesa Research Facility. Expect tremendously detailed environments to explore, a huge cast of characters and experimental weaponry. All-new music, voice acting, choreography and added dialogue give way to a more expansive and immersive experience than ever before. In a nutshell, play Half-life the way we think it was meant to be played!

Features:

• Play for FREE! You need not purchase anything!
  • 8-10 Hours of single-player gameplay, up to the Lambda Core chapter.
  • Feast your eyes on over 2,000 custom Models and 5,000 custom textures – more than HL2!
  • Experience over 2,000 choreographed scenes and over 6,500 lines of dialogue from all new voice acting!
  • Subtitles in English, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, German, and Finnish!
  • Immerse yourself in an all new soundtrack and over 2,300 custom sound effects!
  • Feel the impact of custom systems such as the Face Creation System, Custom Gib System, Deathcam and more."

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Been waiting for this for about 5 years now, will definitely be giving it a go very soon! I listened to the soundtrack a few weeks back and, although I wish it was me, I feel it's going to make going back into Gordon's shinier shoes a hell of an experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.