• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Blendkorper 1 H glass smoke grenade(BK-2H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mancom37

Vanguard Friend
Little introduction:This was a project that got adopted has an Anti Tank grenade that served the purpose of blinding the crew inside a Tank.They were introduced in 1943 and saw action in every front and about 5 million of them were produced and used during the war.

Will we ever see it on Traction wars has an Anti-Tank grenade?

Mancom37

Vanguard Friend

Aniallator

I remember something about how a Sherman took out two German tanks using smoke shells. The smoke entered the German tanks and caused the crews, believing their tanks were on fire, to bail.

FlyingR

I remember something about how a Sherman took out two German tanks using smoke shells. The smoke entered the German tanks and caused the crews, believing their tanks were on fire, to bail.

Yeah I heard about that too! But this... this is really new, the first time hearing about that, and interesting! Would be really cool to have this if it actually was in the battles we are going to do.
[MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION], could we have more info/insight on this please? Have you heard about this?! :p

drummer93

I know about this grenade, and I saw a video of a german soldier using it, but I dont know if it was common in Normandy

Mancom37

Vanguard Friend
Yeah I heard about that too! But this... this is really new, the first time hearing about that, and interesting! Would be really cool to have this if it actually was in the battles we are going to do.
@VonMudra, could we have more info/insight on this please? Have you heard about this?! :p

Yeah I gotta say I love grenades a little bit too much,also the video might be this one.

Also [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] this grenade was used in every front and I heard that americans paras when found one of this they loved them since they could trow it inside a window of a house with a machine gunner and neutralize him making him an easy target.

VonMudra

@VonMudra, could we have more info/insight on this please? Have you heard about this?! :p

Yeah, it's a real case. A smart sherman tank commander ordered phosphorus shells loaded and fired them at long range at two Tiger tanks (officially Tiger tanks, who knows what they actually were). The shells exploded on impact and the air intakes sucked in the smoke, making the crews think they had been penetrated and the tank was on fire. The crews bailed (for good reason) and ran off, and the Sherman captured the two tanks intact.

We will most likely not have that ingame of course, since it would be rather game breaking to have tanks be able to be knocked out by smoke shells. :p

Mancom37

Vanguard Friend
Yeah, it's a real case. A smart sherman tank commander ordered phosphorus shells loaded and fired them at long range at two Tiger tanks (officially Tiger tanks, who knows what they actually were). The shells exploded on impact and the air intakes sucked in the smoke, making the crews think they had been penetrated and the tank was on fire. The crews bailed (for good reason) and ran off, and the Sherman captured the two tanks intact.

We will most likely not have that ingame of course, since it would be rather game breaking to have tanks be able to be knocked out by smoke shells. :p

What about the BK-2H grenade?It would blind the crewman for some time and it would open the possibility to put a AT-grenade on it.

VonMudra

That is a maybe, depends on what we can get done down the road. It would be cool though, especially in combination with a Hafthohlladung.

Sydd

*Gulp*

*Imagines the typical Heroes & Generals Scenario*
Casually shelling enemy positions on the other side of the river, sees an enemy speeding accross the bridge with his damn bike, walks up to the tank which is moving, plants 3 sticky nades, whistles and walks off, and boom! goes the most feared heavy tank off the map.

I really don't want that happening ._.

Mancom37

Vanguard Friend
Well they don t have the fancy damage modules that traction wars will have so spamming AT grenades around a tank will not be that effective.

Also the enemies of the tank are:
1-Itself
2-Infantary
3-Aircraft

Esu21

*Gulp*

*Imagines the typical Heroes & Generals Scenario*
Casually shelling enemy positions on the other side of the river, sees an enemy speeding accross the bridge with his damn bike, walks up to the tank which is moving, plants 3 sticky nades, whistles and walks off, and boom! goes the most feared heavy tank off the map.

I really don't want that happening ._.

You have to think that tanks were really great weapons,but also really vulnerable to (as mancom said) infantry,aircraft and even itself. If in one round of TW there are 3 tanks against (lets say) 20 men,and even with against-tank weapons they cant destroy them,it will be really horrible.

Just remember the video shown before,how easy it was to knock out a tank if you did it rightly. Just hope that it wont be like H&G and the crew always die even if the tank is not completly destroyed :confused:

Feldmeijer

Yeah I gotta say I love grenades a little bit too much,also the video might be this one.

Also @drummer93 this grenade was used in every front and I heard that americans paras when found one of this they loved them since they could trow it inside a window of a house with a machine gunner and neutralize him making him an easy target.

Thanks for the video, it was really worth watching! Really shows how awful the Soviet doctrine was...
Or... was our favorite propaganda department so good at editing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.