• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Bren Reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

Hello guys!!!

Today I analized the video of the Bren machinegun. The animation is really really great, fantastic, but I think that the soldier reload a little slow. In the battle the soldiers want to reload the most fast that they can. I counted 8-9 seconds of reload. Maybe it not have to take more than 5-6 seconds. Is just my opinion :)
Question, can we going to mount the light machine guns whith the bipod? Not only in the ground. Also in the windows, tables, walls, trenches, sandbags....

Frank

Troy

He's right! Skip to around 2:50

[video=youtube;KA9JP_DHVKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA9JP_DHVKM[/video]

K. Steine

Something I'd like to offer, is a change in reload time depending on the level of your suppression, or morale (If it's incorporated)
If your morale is high, you'd be able to reload faster, because you'd feel confidant and wouldn't be so shaky. Though if heavily suppressed, you'd be panicking, and your hands would be trembling; therefore the reload would be more clunky, and generally slower.

VonMudra

That is a fine idea, and will def come up when we do the suppression. Also, for Bren reload, it is slow as it would be irl, as you also would have to place the old mag back in your ammo pouch then remove a new mag. I have done this irl, and believe me, it's a pain sometimes. Also, we do plan on making the bren mountable anywhere it would have been mountable irl.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
That being said, the reload speeds will most likely be subjects of some tuning in some way, due to balancing as well as gameplay I reckon.

Because of that, the reload-speed itself might be a bit slow at first, but we can always revisit those to tune them better; the purpose of the Bren-video was to showcase the animation itself, whilst speed etc. could have some refinements later on if we feel they need it.

Maniche

Roughbeak

Quite personally, I really enjoy/like looking at TW's Bren being reloaded. That distinct cocking handle being cocked back... :)

Though, it probably does need to be a bit faster. ;)

Wade

I too have the feeling the reloading is taking to long, I got a bren myself and tried several times but I do something between 5-7s for it

Status
Not open for further replies.