• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Crywars WW2 Soldiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnieMc

Here are 4 of a six character set of WW2 soldiers I am rigging for Crywars. Low poly but good for grunts.

Attachments

• Crywars_WW2_Soldiers.jpg
    Crywars_WW2_Soldiers.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 93

VinnieMc

They are awesome! Nice work man. You got some skills. Do you have a online portfolio or something? DeviantArt?

Hey Bud! Thank you for the kind words.
Portfolio I had, but never kept it up much!
Actually I am a old time hobbyist who is retired and past all that portfolio,starting a studio, want to get into industry, trend, that has become the staple in our modding world. I am from the old school where I do it for my own enjoyment and to offer up assets to others.
Being retired I have no other goals than having fun!

Cheers
VinnieMc

VinnieMc

Complete Set.

Rigs still need some fine tuning. They can use all Crytek animations and work fairly well as is.
I will be refining them over the upcoming weeks as I build more props for them.

Cheers

VinnieMc

Attachments

• Crywars_WW2_Soldiers_CompleteSet.jpg
    Crywars_WW2_Soldiers_CompleteSet.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 36

VinnieMc

Updated scene with some props and working on surrender animations for lone guy..lol

Cheers

VinnieMc

p.s.
Officer moved to radio tower in distance.

p.p.s.
Old warehouse prop from Half-Life modding days I am getting ready.

Attachments

• InfiltrateFailure.jpg
    InfiltrateFailure.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 46
  • AbandonedFactory.jpg
    AbandonedFactory.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 42

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
The check-point kinda thing looks good! The warehouse is a little low-resolution to give a proper judgment, but it looks cool now at least!

Maniche

VinnieMc

Here will be my last update. From here it is onto making a trackview mini movie of scene where the GI's try to get past the road block at dusk.
All Ai setup and have paths to follow for the correct scene outline. New Dusk TOD created and looking good.
Just setting up animations to use on each actor now.
Should be finished shorty.
Hope you like it?

Attachments

• Pic4.jpg
    Pic4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 24

VinnieMc

Thanx guys, it is appreciated.
Makes you always want to strive for better results and is a great motivating factor.

Vinnie

VonMudra

Hey,

Good work there Vin :) I looked over your player models, and if you like, you can post some high res detail shots of them, and I can go over them for any tweaking that you could do to make them fully accurate. They look pretty good right now, but I think some fixes could be done to make them a lot better :)

VinnieMc

Thank you for the offer my friend and I may take you up on it.
These are really basic models that I did to learn the rig and skeleton setup of the cry characters, and the various file structures, xml's required for them to be "Entities" selectable in editor. Now that that has all been done I want to start bringing them into Zbrush for some sub dividing and finer detailing then into Mudbox to paint them. (I find Mudbox far superior in projection painting than Zbrush).
Once done I will generate the hi poly maps for these guys and see how the work-flow goes. Once I have it down then I think I may ask your assistance to refine and modify them which will be much easier once the process is laid out.

Vinnie

Status
Not open for further replies.