• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

DAYS OF WAR and BATTALION 1944

Status
Not open for further replies.

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
now....theres been a craze going on lately bout ww2 shooters, and bringing them back, because it seems that futuristic run and guns, and post apocalyptic shooters, are already tiresome for mainstream gamers

apparently, there are developers that are bringing back ww2 shooters, however it may not be the way we wanted

because as hard as i searched, there seems to be no mention of realism between those 2 game mentioned

DAYS OF DEFEAT, looks amazing, since the developers came from some really big triple A titles, and looks amazing

BATTALION 1944 got massive funding, and is currently coming out on steam soon

i was excited and i was happy that WW2 shooters were making a comeback.....BUT, it seems that there is no mentions of realism, if anything DAYS OF WAR, seems promising because i saw a machine gunner mounted his machine gun and shot at everyone, so i thought it would be realistic

:/ so im disappointed, you know why we are here, because we wanted to get away from all that

so i guess you guys are our last hope for the next generation of ww2 realistic shooters

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
i actually talked to the devs of DAYS OF WARS

stating that it will be realistic, but not a sim, but not a COD either

.....but from looking at the gameplay....i dunno, it seemed rather arcadey

the hope of the genre rests in the hands of traction wars IMO

drummer93

it is all about tastes. Some people like arcade games, and it is ok. Day of Defeat is a great game. But this community want something different, and because of that we are supporting this project

mmiedzianyy

As [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] said, everybody have their own expectations/preferences.
For me, it's time for new COD2 and i'm very happy about this two games. I will play those bad boys for sure, but what i've seen already doesn't make me feel: "woooooaaaaaaah".
I've been waiting for Enemy Front and i was very happy about it, but when i got my hands on multiplayer i was dissapointed by all those bugs etc., what is more CI Games did not want to patch this game to keep this it in constant interest. It could be a very good arcade competetive shooter, but nah, stupid explains that new generation of consoles killed this project.. I wish DoD and Battalion will have such awesome devs as we have here in Traction Wars. Then, everything will be "ok" i guess.
Now, when this two projects are going to be released im looking forward to playing them, because as much i love WWII and realism games i also love playing competetively!

Aniallator

I used to play arcadey games like CoD or H&G, but after I played PR all that stuff went out the window. I can't even look at H&G anymore, and playing anything with a crosshair and one second reload times is painful. I have no doubt that lots of people will enjoy Battalion 1944 and Days of War, but not me. I am, however, very grateful that those games are being released. Games like Battalion 1944 offer good graphics and a WW2 setting, not to mention fast-paced arcadey gameplay. They may not be free, but they will sweep up many of the players that would be unwelcome in TW. The kinds of players who would hop in a truck and drive it for 50 meters before crashing it into a tree and abandoning it, or create their own section because they're too lazy to join one and go around mowing things down... or even worse the ones that spawn camp their own team.

FlyingR

The good thing that DOD and Battalion 1944 do is to put WWII back on the game. The more the merrier! The reason I would not play DOD or B1944 is that it's too simple so to speak. You spawn, kill and done. They could've make it much greater than it is (with vehicles for example). It's not my type of gameplay but for other people especially who are nostalgic with COD 2 and such, they will love it.

If there's one arcade-style WWII it's for sure BF1942. It's quick action and there's still no other game to this day that allows you to first play as a Jap, Italian, American, German, Russian, Polish or Canadian, to have such a variety of maps and Theatres, being able to make paradrop runs, and especially to fly a plane, then drive a tank and then control a battleship or a carrier. This is without talking about the mods and the mod support or actually trying to work as a team to actually get the objectives.

As Ani mentioned, after PR everything changed. That's for sure.

Not a surprise in the slightest to me. Modern,Futuristic, and Zombie genre shooters have been overdone to the point of death now, gamers want to revert back to 20th century shooters, and developers are going to exploit the newly found market for it. I'll pick up Battalion 1944 and absolutely have a blast with it on my Xbox One, just like I'll have a blast with Traction Wars on my PC.

Aniallator

I am interested to see what eras the BF and CoD franchises turn to. I know BF5 will be BF4-style modern day, but what about BF6? I imagine they'll turn to Vietnam, perhaps WW2, and maybe even Korea.

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
im backing up days of war, as its they aim for a realistic gameplay

however traction wars seem to want historical accuracies

the moment traction wars is released, im dropping days of war like unborn fetus and hop into traction wars

Swaffy

I came from gameplay style similar to Forgotten Hope 1 & 2 and War Thunder realistic battles.

So for this game I look forward to gameplay that makes you think at least a little about your next move. Pace varies between fast and slow depending on the area and situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.