• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Days of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Another WW2 game coming out called Days of War. It looks just like Battalion 1944.

Days of War trailer:
Gameplay:

I personally don't find anything special about it.

Esu21

It really does look just like Battalion 1944, and they're even after the same goals as them, but this game looks exactly (well,with better graphics) like Day of Defeat to me. Anyway, Days of War is almost finished, so I guess it'll "take" a lot of the fanbase of Battalion 1944 as it wil release first. Do you guys think having 2 games with almost the same features will divide gamers and harm both games?

Simon

It really does look just like Battalion 1944, and they're even after the same goals as them, but this game looks exactly (well,with better graphics) like Day of Defeat to me. Anyway, Days of War is almost finished, so I guess it'll "take" a lot of the fanbase of Battalion 1944 as it wil release first. Do you guys think having 2 games with almost the same features will divide gamers and harm both games?

This looks done? No, just no.

And yes I noticed, they have same goals and past like Battalion 44 (playing CoD in childhood...)

And don't know if you noticed, trailer is similar to DoD trailer:

Esu21

This looks done? No, just no.

Yea I know, what I wanted to say is that the game is in its "final stage" (polishing, bug fixing...) as I see things the weapons, the player models, the animations and the interface are quite done.

And don't know if you noticed, trailer is similar to DoD trailer

WOW. They must be doing a huge reference to DoD (they've even put in their trailer the "shovel ending" xD). I don't like how these games are trying to be famous for beeing CoD successors with better graphics

Nexus

to me this looks like a mix between DoD:S and battalion 1944 (even though its not out yet) even the map in the trailer was a Dod map, probably going to be arcadey like day of defeat

Aniallator

to me this looks like a mix between DoD:S and battalion 1944 (even though its not out yet) even the map in the trailer was a Dod map, probably going to be arcadey like day of defeat

It's probably a good thing BF1 didn't use WW2, or Battalion 1944 and DoW would've died.

Killen

Another WW2 game coming out called Days of War. It looks just like Battalion 1944.

Days of War trailer:
Gameplay:

I personally don't find anything special about it.

It's just me or the sounds are a little bit confused? Within massive shootings, in the gameplay i can't even hear the player gun!

Subass39

I like the nice theme on Days of War, but i dont think im interested in the game itself

I heard it was small player matches, its basically CoD but with nice graphics and no angry 12 year olds:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.