• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Deaths and awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's back up here- I feel that you guys misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that medals and ribbons for German troops would appear as a part of the character models. I in no way was refering to an achievement/award system. I am saying that the character model skins themselves will include realistic medals for the rank of the model class and the unit they are representing on the map. They will simply be a part of the character model- not something you can be awarded/win/put oj yourself. They will be no different than any kther insignia on the model skin like litzen/rank/breast eagle.

Awesome, Mudra! I love that you guys are actually representing different units on different maps based on what units historically fought in the area of the map... hopefully we can see some screenshots of these sometime, the only stuff I've seen is the 3rd Division patch on the Brits in some very aged screenshots.

@Siggi there are no award or point systems planned for TW. IMO, award and point systems are in every way unfit for realism games, let alone TW. Award systems - even modest ones, like in RO2 - are totally unrealistic. Point systems are alright in linear games like H&G, but in a game like TW - where you are not playing for yourself, but for your section - a point system would be preposterous in so many ways. For example, what if you're an LMG gunner, and you're delegated to covering your section while it captures an objective? What if the objective is heavily defended, and your section is better off digging in and waiting for support? What if you're a sniper, so you won't be capturing objectives, and you'll be targeting only HVTs like LMG gunners and NCOs?

As for the wound system, I don't believe there will be an unconscious state; you'll be alive, alive and wounded, or dead. IRL, if you're wounded enough to fall unconscious, you are combat ineffective, contrary to PR and Squad where unconscious players can be returned to full combat effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.