• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Depth of Field on Weapon Sights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fegelein

Every "Realistic" or "Simulator" game based on Military, allows you to zoom in when you're using your weapon's iron sights or even scope. It simply treats your eyes like they were a camera, and you simply get a slight zoom to see your target better. I always hated that in games, and to be honest it's not realistic at all and that comes from someone who has indeed fired Guns in his life. When asked about it, the developers respond with things like "It's realistic because it simulates the focus on a target". Eh, that's not true at all.

When using a weapon's Iron sights, your vision doesn't magically get better and you don't see your target better either. Only thing that happens is that your vision around the Iron sights gets blurred (Depth of Field). I hope Traction Wars will implement this, rather than making you 'Zoom-in' with your eyes.

Simply add Depth of Field (DoF) around the weapon. It's way more realistic and balanced than allowing you to zoom like you had some kind of scope.

B.Kavanagh

I do agree, and at that I personally think it makes you less consistent with accurate shots, after you fire your rifle swings up in the air it really ****s up my orientation and takes me a second to get back on target. But that's just my personal experience.

Sydd

I saw a video they uploaded on YouTube showing off some of the weapons, if I remember correctly, it did have DoF and I can't remember if it had zoom in. But if it's realistic and practical it would be in game I'm certain.

Aniallator

@Fegelein I agree one hundred percent, the zoom that many games allow when holding SHIFT is very unrealistic, and thus not something to have in TW. I haven't seen anything to indicate zooming will be implemented, so hopefully we don't have it.

As we've seen, when sighted, there's already a sweet blurring effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.