• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Extra Large Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacks

I am looking forward to the release of TW and hope it is the sim that I have been waiting for and achieves the level of realism that all previous games have failed to achieve.

I hope that TW becomes a tactical squad based sim and not a shooter where teams have conduct realistic activities such as patrolling, ambushes, organised assaults etc.

the issue I have with the current sims on offer is that they have small maps with predefined objectives which means they become a case of everyone spawning in and then running forward as fast as they can to the nearest objective or until they come under fire.

I firmly believe that the way to promote a more considered approach and requirement for tactical awareness is the introduction of a large map (say 10kmx10km). A map of this size gives commanders more ability to exercise flair and approach targets from any direction. Also a large open map with very few set objectives where squads can set up their defensive locations anywhere will promote the need to patrol to find the enemy and conduct recces. Also the large open spaces will mean that players have to be more vigilantly and move over the ground slowly due to the increased threat from enemy patrols.

I hope one day to enjoy a relistic sim where a decent amount time is spent patrolling and locating the enemy before conducting a well coordinated attack making best use of the ground.

Jacks

[1CH] John

Also a large open map with very few set objectives where squads can set up their defensive locations anywhere will promote the need to patrol to find the enemy and conduct recces. Also the large open spaces will mean that players have to be more vigilantly and move over the ground slowly due to the increased threat from enemy patrols.

Jacks

Now that would be awesome. Like a big map with a capture and hold gamemode, would make use for like a sapper role that could construct a temporary outpost and such.

FlyingR

[MENTION=4093]Jacks[/MENTION]

I've always wanted something like you suggested, it would be the best! I would really love to have a game where there's all kinds of vehicles, a commander that plans everything and the team working together for WWII.

As for now, it is highly unlikely that TW will do this because they don't have enough people, time, and most players don't want to play games like these, they want quick action, and so on.

Jacks

Sappers could also mine key vulnerable points such as track junctions or key observation positions

- - - Updated - - -

@Jacks

I've always wanted something like you suggested, it would be the best! I would really love to have a game where there's all kinds of vehicles, a commander that plans everything and the team working together for WWII.

As for now, it is highly unlikely that TW will do this because they don't have enough people, time, and most players don't want to play games like these, they want quick action, and so on.

sadly I think you are right.......

Simon

Hi and welcome to the community. As FlyingR said people like small maps so they can get in combat easier.

You can join official TW Discord here: Discord

Hell1x

Would love to see a huge map, maybe even with some NPCs around in the background doing things :D

It would not work in the beginning , since it will be infantry only.

But if there most braches, tanks/planes/APCs included, such map would be trully fun to play, you would have lots of action around the capture points and plenty of tactical gameplay around them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.