• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
In what most (including me) thought was an April Fool joke Ubisoft more details have emerged about the upcoming FC3 expansion Blood Dragon.

[video=ign;2013/04/01/far-cry-3-goes-retro]http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/01/far-cry-3-goes-retro[/video]

Personally I was hoping for an expansion along the same lines as the original FC3. What does everything else think? I have noticed it's just gone onto Steam pre-order for £11.99 which isn't too bad a price in my view (depending on the length of course).

Last edited:

Sir Apple

I think its awesome! I love the idea behind it. Its good to see developers thinking outside the box. It gets real old when large companys release expansion after expansion, always the same concept, just a few simple alternative missions, or a few new maps etc. To me this is a breath of fresh air.

I put near 70 hours into FC3 so I'm pretty pumped about this. Its just enough weird and just enough shooting to take my money!

Looking forward to it.

apple

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
It looks freakin' awesome. And I agree with [MENTION=116]Sir Apple[/MENTION] ; expanding a game with a pretty serious plot with something as - let's face it - mental as this is good in my books :p

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It looks freakin' awesome. And I agree with @Sir Apple ; expanding a game with a pretty serious plot with something as - let's face it - mental as this is good in my books :p

I'm probably just pining for more missions clearly :p I imagine the gameplay will be good nonetheless even if it does look like they've stuck neon glowsticks to everything :p

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
That's good though isn't it? I mean, wouldn't want it to look exactly like Far Cry 3. It kind of reminds me of the weird cyber missions in Saints Row 3. If they've gone down that road of wackiness I will be thoroughly interested.

Sir Apple

Maybe Naga just hates 80s....

But once the expansion comes out, I know Naga will throw on his trusty pants and have a blast.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I might just have to get this... Gameplay starts at 03:00

[video=youtube;QBSxZr_Huy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBSxZr_Huy0[/video]

brrr

TW Developer
Just found this video of pure epicness:
[video=youtube;dnuJyJBM_J4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnuJyJBM_J4&list=FLGmA zForvf0sns_PjZhllSw[/video]

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I still think Ubisoft made this game by accident. That trailer puts all of those live-action Call of Duty ones to shame really :p

volcol

Look good, but it's Ubisoft getting attention for a product they have little faith in/don't want to spend money promoting from scratch... look at that mess with BiA:Furious Four - how that enraged all of the BiA fans out there, and how the eventually made it a stand alone.

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Well either it's some very clever PR campaign I don't understand involving awful real action or they have absolutely no budget for trailers :p Still I'll be getting the game ;)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games

When a dragon gets involved you RUN

Status
Not open for further replies.