• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Hi people of forum.

I got few questions:

1. Will hosting a server be free, like that other people can join ?
2. Will it have training map ?
3. Will you be able to change name in game ?
4. Clan support ? I already made one.
5. Will it have planes ?

And most important question

Is game coming out in few months ? Because it looks good to release xD

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
1. Will hosting a server be free, like that other people can join ?

If you host a dedicated server on your own machine with internet you've already paid for then sure. Third-party hosting will cost money as it always does however.

What I don't know at this point is whether we'll allow players to create "pop-up" self-hosted servers from in-game. Dedicated servers will definitely be available but client-hosted games is a different matter.

2. Will it have training map ?

We've bounced around this idea before. Simple answer - maybe.

3. Will you be able to change name in game ?

Good question...

4. Clan support ? I already made one.

Depends what you mean by "clan support". We're obviously keen to support the clan community wherever we can.

5. Will it have planes ?

No. Well not player-controlled ones anyway - maybe in the future.

Is game coming out in few months ? Because it looks good to release xD

I think it's safe to say the game isn't coming out in a next few months. It's a massive job creating a game as ambitious as Traction Wars and we're doing it in our free time. Creating everything from grass to backend support to interactive menus takes time :)

Simon

Thanks for anwser. By clan support I meant that we can make own clan.

Can't wait for this game, I will buy it first second it comes on Steam :D

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Can't wait for this game, I will buy it first second it comes on Steam :D

Steam: maybe. Buy it: no chance! Totally free. No money will be exchanged to play it. Like, it will be more economical to play this game than to feed yourself.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Steam: maybe. Buy it: no chance! Totally free. No money will be exchanged to play it. Like, it will be more economical to play this game than to feed yourself.

Looks like you guys solved the world hunger problem then. Let's just give everyone TW to play! :p

that statement alone makes me wanna give you guys money for support, maybe a donations account for ppl that actually want to contribute would be in order??? hell we ve given money to things that didnt see the light of day!

Simon

that statement alone makes me wanna give you guys money for support, maybe a donations account for ppl that actually want to contribute would be in order??? hell we ve given money to things that didnt see the light of day!

Yea same, I feel kinda bad that I'm just sitting here waiting, and they are doing this in their Free time for Free so people will enjoy the game. Some game are bad and they charge you 30 Dollars for it

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
The best way you guys can support us is to be active, come with great suggestions and tell your friends about us! We can always need more manpower because more people = less development time, yay!

We really appreciate that you're all looking forward to play the game with us, and we truly appreciate the support we get guys!

gatusky

Don't expect the 'Traction wars' project to ever make a release.
There is no internal communication going on whatsoever.

It will end up like Festung Europa, Project reality 2, The Somme, and all the other indie projects that are poorly managed.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Not sure how can somebody even know about internal communication if he isn't a part of it.
That's why it's called internal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.