• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Few suggestions :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Not overly sure if a few of what i am about to suggest has already been said but here it is.

A character profile, or an in game character customization menu. Just so everyone in game will look different.

A fold out map, this was on a mod for HL2 called resistance and liberation a while back, though they removed it for some reason. It was really cool and you actually had to take cover to look at your map instead of running and using the map with your weapon out.

A compass, this (If you guys decide to use 3d voice chat) would be a perfect tool in game, especially for realism :D

Finally, maybe some kind of medic system.

I have only known about this game for a short amount of time so if these things have already been suggested i apologize.

Sir Apple

Not overly sure if a few of what i am about to suggest has already been said but here it is.

A character profile, or an in game character customization menu. Just so everyone in game will look different.

A fold out map, this was on a mod for HL2 called resistance and liberation a while back, though they removed it for some reason. It was really cool and you actually had to take cover to look at your map instead of running and using the map with your weapon out.

A compass, this (If you guys decide to use 3d voice chat) would be a perfect tool in game, especially for realism :D

Finally, maybe some kind of medic system.

I have only known about this game for a short amount of time so if these things have already been suggested i apologize.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Character profile - This will not happen. Being that we are aiming for proper realism, especially in the context of historical accuracy. Uniforms, gear and equipment were very military specific, unit specific and battle front specific. Default gear and uniform is set to each type of soldier. So for instance a rifle will have different pouches and such then a support gunner. I'm sure this will be further addressed when character models are shown.

Fold out map - its been discussed awhile ago though its up in the air, a lot of the developers including myself like the traditional mini-map layout.

A compass - probably included in the HUD but who knows what can happen.

Medic System - There will most definitely be a medic system of some value involved. Players will be given bandages at the very least.

Troy

* By customization i was more thinking about facial features instead of clothing etc.

* A minimap is good but its implemented on every arcade game I am able to think of xD a fold out map would have been something awesome to see.

* Sounds good.

# Thank god :)

volcol

* By customization i was more thinking about facial features instead of clothing etc.

Currently we will be looking at a system where the player will spawn with a randomised face - with 5 or so variations per side. In doing this, we hope to add enough variety to the characters on the field - together with accurate equipment load outs we should be able to get a decent level of randomisation and characters not all looking the same !

In regards to a character editor, I assume we're talking about one that's similar to Fall Out 3/NV? It'd be nice to do in the future and will be added to 'ze list' no doubt, but currently we are not looking into any player editted/created characteristics - that's something for the future me to comment on :D

Status
Not open for further replies.