• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Finally an end to WW2-duds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberich

Hi Guys,
just have to say that this game looks very promising. Me and my mates have been looking for a new WW2 shooter with tactics and immersion in the foreground. After many disappointments with newer games we found ourselves returning to Forgotten Hope 2. But its old engine is hard to look at nowadays. I´d love to see Traction Wars becoming the long awaited replacement.
We just want that feeling of having to hide in the grass as infantry if an enemy tank drives by and taking flags with squadmates or directing artillery fire as a spotter scout. A good game doesn´t need to get any more fancy but the feeling needs to be right. The tension must come from the atmosphere and single situations and not from redbull and 20 kills per minute as in games like BF. I´d give you a list of games we tried and put aside very diappointed over the years but it´s too long. If you wish I can explain in detail what the devs of all those games did wrong.
But finally it looks like you guys are going down the right path and I wish you the best of luck.
I´ll be keeping both eyes on the development process and give feedback if that helps.
Meanwhile I´ll tell my mates that the search might finally be over. If you do this right you will have lots and lots customers that, like us, have waited for a worthy replacement for the ancient Forgotten Hope 2.

Best of luck-
Alberich

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Thanks for the kind words [MENTION=1477]Alberich[/MENTION] , we'll try our best not to disappoint you :)

Porsche

Hi Guys,
just have to say that this game looks very promising. Me and my mates have been looking for a new WW2 shooter with tactics and immersion in the foreground. After many disappointments with newer games we found ourselves returning to Forgotten Hope 2. But its old engine is hard to look at nowadays. I´d love to see Traction Wars becoming the long awaited replacement.
We just want that feeling of having to hide in the grass as infantry if an enemy tank drives by and taking flags with squadmates or directing artillery fire as a spotter scout. A good game doesn´t need to get any more fancy but the feeling needs to be right. The tension must come from the atmosphere and single situations and not from redbull and 20 kills per minute as in games like BF. I´d give you a list of games we tried and put aside very diappointed over the years but it´s too long. If you wish I can explain in detail what the devs of all those games did wrong.
But finally it looks like you guys are going down the right path and I wish you the best of luck.
I´ll be keeping both eyes on the development process and give feedback if that helps.
Meanwhile I´ll tell my mates that the search might finally be over. If you do this right you will have lots and lots customers that, like us, have waited for a worthy replacement for the ancient Forgotten Hope 2.

Best of luck-
Alberich

Well stated and I agree with you 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.