• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Forest View (WIP Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Hey and it's time for another map render - Forest View. :)
The grass is basically the only thing that is slowing me down at the moment. :p

Roughbeak

I forgot to post this picture.. :) To the left there is a incline with a road leading up to >picture no1 (on first post). ;)

Roughbeak

Haha no. :)

It's kind of weird, the PR2 devs are asking me to become a dev for them (quite a privilege), but I chose TW instead. :D

William

Haha no. :)

It's kind of weird, the PR2 devs are asking me to become a dev for them (quite a privilege), but I chose TW instead. :D
wow nice and oh ..btw
Traction Wars ... is the real game i am waiting for :DD so build game fast j/k your doing good job i like the game very much
and also cant you work for both? :D

Roughbeak

I have definitely thought that, but I think it is best for now to choose TW. :D

Maybe down the road I'll do both. ;)

sHaKeNbAkE

Ground cover is critical (grass)....to many maps I have seen recently with just open terrain and no foliage. I know you can do it!

Roughbeak

Haha thanks, yes everything I do is from vanilla except terrain textures. ;)

The next map I'm working on is going to take a little more time than I thought (the Normandy one).

Here are some photos of what is to come (every one are heavy WIP). :)

These 2 are based off TW maps ;)

Just a nice road up to a farm

Roughbeak

Haha thanks :D

The town which is not finished took about a day, probably another week to completely finish that. The whole map itself (photos 1 and 3) took about two weeks, but those are just a few screens of the areas. ;)

I probably will make a separate thread about the map in a few more weeks or less, I want to make this look official. ;)

Last edited:

Troy

Do you use any other models/entities etc. Or do you just use the Cryengine default ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.