• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

So I made this basic model of Stielhandgranate 24 with Blender. If someone can recommend another free software (I don't want to spend money on softwares) that I can use for modeling. Blender is pretty basic and I'm ready to move to better software I can learn on.

[h=1][/h]

Aniallator

Wow, excellent model [MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION]! I'm always jelous of people who can model, as I'm hopeless at it xD

drummer93

Stay in Blender Simon, it is your best option. I was modeling in 3DSMAX, but well, I not used it in a very legal way... (haha :p). Blender is a very cool software to model. As all this kind of software it has some bugs, but that is normal, don't worry about it. And you have a lot of tutorials in youtube, so you can learn a lot for free :)

drummer93

I have Blender, but I'm not any good. I can make lovely cubes.

hahaha everybody can learn everything, don't frustrate :). Simon took a good decision modeling that grenade, you can do it with only one cylinder, and see, it is pretty cool!. As I said, there are a lot of tutorials for all levels in youtube. Don't give up!

Aniallator

[MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION] I may not know an awful lot on the subject, but drummer is right in that Blender is an excellent program. For one thing, it's used by loads of Arma 3 modders, whoes mod content is usually of higher quality than the vanilla content.

Subass39

First of all, good job on that model of that grenade, very impressive;)

If you are looking for an alternative for blender, i would check out "AutoDesk"
you can start a free trial there

But if you are good and familiar with blender, i would highly recommend staying with blender

Simon

First of all, good job on that model of that grenade, very impressive;)

If you are looking for an alternative for blender, i would check out "AutoDesk"
you can start a free trial there

But if you are good and familiar with blender, i would highly recommend staying with blender

I know about AutoDesk and I don't really like it, but I think I will give it 1 more try.

And welcome to community

Status
Not open for further replies.