• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

How many soldiers would be in the heat of battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olmsi

Hi guys I'm new here and i hope a thread with the same question doesnt exist before, because I know that 10 times the same questions can really be bothering.
I just found this game and the screens totally fascinated me :)
I just wanted to ask how many slots will be in a server, It would be awesome to play in servers with 64 slots or more. Is it it possible with the engine/ your ideas?

Sorry for my english :-/

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community olmsi. Your English very good, no need to apologise :)

By default the engine supports 32 players but we intend to increase this once larger scale stress testing have begun. Without testing I can't give you a definitive answer but 64+ players might well be possible.

I hope that answers your question :)

olmsi

Thank you for your anwer xD I was always looking for an tactical fps teamplay game in size more or less a platoon vs platoon. It really fascinated me that you are going to create a game in the ww2 scenario with the crytek engine. I tried out several games like RO:HOS and Heroes and Generals etc., the new RO is awesome too but the teamplay is not very intensive like in the first version of red orchestra and darkest hour (in dev. Festung Europa), Heroes and generals is the testing phase and interesting too. I'm not attacking some games like the games i mentioned before but I'm always looking for some new game ideas especially in the second world war theatre. i'm really looking forward for your game that your team is going to release when its finished and some other games who are in dev. :D

There is a thing we need into this game is a giant field of death, with trenches on each sides

For those who played world of tanks, some sort of malinovka, a death field that requires strategy to cross over
Having 128 players in such a fight would be fudging awesome!!

VonMudra

I will note, olmsi, that Heros and Generals is basically the anti-thesis of Traction Wars. They're shooting for balance and generic shooting with B movie historical research. Traction wars is shooting for realism, team based shooting, and with extreme historical research :p

Also, believe me, in this game, every field will be a field of death. :p The idea is, to make you afraid to cross open ground.

Moody

The more players the better obviously, but simply pushing it to 64 would be amazing on it's own. I'm hoping that the maps are big enough that even with 64 players, engagements happen only once in a while. That's one thing I love about PR, there is a lot of action, but at the same time there is a lot of logistics and walking around not knowing where the enemy is. I hope the maps are big enough so that engagements aren't happening at all time, so that when they do happen the action is more intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.