• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

HUD Markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

So, I know we will have almost no HUD thingies marking up, but what I don't want at all is like in every game that has come out in the last couple of years, where you can see A, B, C in a square or whatever marking where the flags are. None of that, please.

Nor would I want to see markings of where the squad leader is marking at.

I would like if all the markings were kept on the map, so you know, you would have to actually pull the map out, and hopefully a compass too, to know where your going. The map should also be static, so it doesn't rotate with you or anything.

And I'm starting to doubt if any of your teammates should even be in the map, and only yourself. This would definitely help squads sticking together so if you get lost, the only you would be able to see is the marker of where the squad leader wants you to go to.

Aniallator

So, I know we will have almost no HUD thingies marking up, but what I don't want at all is like in every game that has come out in the last couple of years, where you can see A, B, C in a square or whatever marking where the flags are. None of that, please.

Nor would I want to see markings of where the squad leader is marking at.

I would like if all the markings were kept on the map, so you know, you would have to actually pull the map out, and hopefully a compass too, to know where your going. The map should also be static, so it doesn't rotate with you or anything.

I agree that markers should be limited to the map and not displayed three dimensionally; however, I think that SL-placed markers should appear three dimensionally for five seconds when placed before disappearing and only being visible on the map, like any other marker. Squad implemented this feature in the vehicles update, and I've found it very useful.

And I'm starting to doubt if any of your teammates should even be in the map, and only yourself. This would definitely help squads sticking together so if you get lost, the only you would be able to see is the marker of where the squad leader wants you to go to.

I'm on edge about this as well... on one hand, not showing friendly players on the map would require better planning and squad-to-squad communication, while on the other hand, it could result in a good bit of friendly fire when the aforementioned is lacking. I'm leaning more towards yes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.