• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Humble Bundle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
For those who don't know about the Humble Bundle I will quickly explain. Periodically the team over at HB put together a collection of good (normally indie) games which you can buy for an amount of your own choosing. So that could be 1 USD or 200 USD or 12.32 USD. You can also select who gets the money; the developer, a charity or the Humble Bundle team.

So what's the catch? None that I've found and I've bought 4 of their bundles so far. If you pay over the average they'll throw another game in for free. Pretty good eh?

Currently they're offering six THQ games and 5 of the associated soundtracks. For those who pay over the average they're throwing in Saints Row: The Third.

All the games are steam redeemable so they'll safely join the rest of your game collection or you can give it as a gift to someone who doesn't know you bought them for 1 USD ;)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
That's a pretty great deal. Usually the indie ones tend to be more interesting, but Saints Row 3 for a minimum of $5 is the best deal I've seen for a while. Then you get 5 other games as well... Curse my insufficient laptop D:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Company of Heroes is certainly worth playing :)

One thing I really like about Humble Bundle is the way when they add new games to a bundle people who have already bought it get them for free - I picked up Dawn of War and the Red Faction Expansion for free this time around :)

Got that a Few weeks ago, Kickin' my friends' butts on CoH's Blitzkrieg mod :D Also went through Metro in a weekend, Quite an awesome deal for the price you want

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Off topic but is Blitzkreig worth trying out? I've just downloaded Europe at War but haven't tried it yet.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I had better download it then hadn't I ;) Should be interesting to compare Vanilla vs. Blitzkrieg vs. EAW

Status
Not open for further replies.