• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

I'd love to see some gameplay videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feldmeijer

Hi all,

No matter what you say, Traction Wars has kept it promise of keeping us informed about the game's progress. However, I have yet to see real gameplay footage, something which I am sure many of you would love. I'm not too sure if the game is ready or in a stage to deliver that, but it would be nice. :)

I'd care less if the game is still very buggy and whatnot :p

FlyingR

He is definitely speaking for the whole community when he is asking that. :)

Although to be fair, they have done an excellent job keeping us tuned with the updates in every month!

drummer93

I second that motion, with a vengeance!

Aniallator

The devs have been outstanding in keeping us up-to-date on the state of the game... but yes, this is something we can all agree on. All the mystery surrounding this outstanding new suppression system, and now news of a groundbreaking 360 audio system... it is pretty painful xD Console yourselves in knowing that some day, before the game has been released, we will see some gameplay videos :)

SpaceCroissant

[MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION], [MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION], come on guys, let's not cover the forum in reaction images! They detract from whatever the topic at hand is.

SpaceCroissant

But to answer the question, I can promise you we want to show off gameplay as soon as we're ready. Overall progress is good, and we're frequently making changes, iterating, and testing builds. This isn't me saying we're working on a trailer right now, there's no point pretending, but I just wanted to reassure you that we're not ignoring the community :D Unfortunately myself and other members of the team have a lot of work on at the moment. I'm personally starting the final month-long sprint to finish my degree!

What are you guys most interested to see, when it eventually comes to making a trailer?

drummer93

What are you guys most interested to see, when it eventually comes to making a trailer?

oh.. I don't know. It is a difficult question. Maybe see some aspects of the gameplay, like the suppression system. A short video of a combat could be great, but I don't know if it is too much right now

mmiedzianyy

[MENTION=2158]SpaceCroissant[/MENTION] i would like to see shooting some enemies for sure! Also as [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] mentioned the suppresion system and maybe squad comunication.
All aspects which make gamaplay smooth so maybe.. transition between stances? Diving to get cover or getting cover behind something. Im very interested about that!

Sydd

What would we like to see in a trailer.. well how combat looks at night, day. perhaps the cover system, germans!, explosions..

FlyingR

I just wanted to reassure you that we're not ignoring the community :D Unfortunately myself and other members of the team have a lot of work on at the moment. I'm personally starting the final month-long sprint to finish my degree!

Space, man, you guys are doing everything except ignore us. As I mentioned above, you guys keep bringing us quality updates, you don't owe us anything to be honest. On the contrary we owe you for doing this game.You are all doing an excellent job at interacting with us. A part from the updates, you respond to our questions via Community Questions and in the forum posts which is fantastic.

We all understand that you have things to do and that since TW doesn't make you money, we know that you need to work/study to survive. Don't pressure yourselves for the game, get your life priorities first! You have our full support for it (good luck in your degree by the way :p ).

As for your question. For me, nothing too complex. General gameplay, you guys fighting around just to see the whole aspect of the game while using different weapons and showing different features (suppression, 3d sound, etc.). It doesn't even have to be long, maybe a minute it's good enough for me.

Aniallator

One of TW's claims to fame is its portrayal of the British sector of Normandy. Thus, I think a trailer needs to be recorded by someone playing in a British section, and on a map in a day setting. The trailer needs to showcase all aspects of the game, everything that makes Traction Wars, Traction Wars. Whoever's recording needs to change pace and stance, lean, and reload several times throughout the trailer, and whoever's the SL has to lead the section professionally. At some stage of the trailer, there need to be chances for whoever's recording to come under shock and suppression, mount a bayonet on his rifle and (later) bayonet an enemy, throw a grenade, et cetera; the SL needs a chance to call in mortars, and to throw a smoke grenade.

The trailer ought to feature both natural and urban environments, and shouldn't last more than a few minutes. It's crucial that for the whole trailer, the section members communicate with one another, and the SL communicates with other SLs. I think the final ten to twenty seconds should be composed of snippets of gameplay from every map (be sure to show lights being shot out), and at the end of the trailer, you could have the "Tactics, Teamwork, Realism" line for emphasis.

The idea is to condense everything into a small package.

Of course, I hope we have a chance to see some gameplay before an official trailer comes out...

Status
Not open for further replies.