• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

In-Game Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Let's discuss in-game tactics that you wish could happen in-game (TW) that might happen in real life.

For example, when playing Project Reality, and we are entering a building or house, most people just rush in without slowing down or doing an angle check* around the door and most of the times will die either by the enemy shooting his ass or quite possibly and IED. This results in having one man down and alerting the enemy without having cleared up the room.

Also check this video that will give you a general idea of how to enter a building despite having many factors not being a parrt of TW (modern time, civilians, etc.).

This would go along with slowing down and aiming before hand before turning around the corner of any obstacle.

Aniallator

It definitely plays to take a moment and go slow, especially in urban clearing. In any number of FPS, I often find myself being a bit too rushy and realizing it, and then taking it slow and noticing a real difference.

FlyingR

Communication

Even though this game is focused on WWII, I honestly don't know the exact terminology/lingo that soldiers used during firefights or on the move so I will use "modern terms" in order for squad leaders and squad members to use when playing. The idea behind this is to be efficient when communicating with your squad and other squads in order to avoid excessive chatter or sending useless or time-consuming messages.

- "Comms" = Everybody clear chat or shut the hell up. SL needs quiet to talk with other SLs or a specific squad members, as for TW, since there's local VOIP it will be useful to hear enemy movements or voip.
- "Standby" = Wait or hold on until further instructed.
- "Danger close" = Enemy very close to you whether he has spotted you or not.
- "Contact" = The enemy has spotted you, will spot you, is already engaging or you have to engage due to the proximity with it.
- "Enemy spotted" = Enemy that hasn't seen or spotted you which is irrelevant to the object or not a threat (either because he is too far or moving away)

When you spot an enemy, the best would be to say "Danger close", "Contact" or "Enemy spotted" with the compass direction so that everybody knows where the enemy is at.

For many this might seem like too much or an exaggeration but when you are squad leading and people are talking from local/squad chat and SL radio it can get overwhelming and chaotic.

Rules of Engagement (ROE)

The SL should always state what the ROE is before getting into the firefight to avoid confusion and messing up the mission. Examples are:
- Don't engage unless you are getting shot at
- Don't engage unless danger close
- Don't engage at all and keep moving
- Free to engage
And so on.

For the love of God, if the SL hasn't mentioned anything, please ask him before you start shooting or engaging the enemy. There's nothing more annoying than you engaging an enemy that is not relevant to the mission and you give away the position of your squad.

As well, if you are in a firefight and have a microphone, try not to use the Commo Rose comms like "I need a medic!", "I need ammo!", etc. because the enemy can hear you and you will definitely give away your position or let the enemy know that you are still alive. Wait until the SL says it's clear to do so.

Common Sense

Use your brain when playing, know when to chat around and when to be quiet. If you are far from the the battle zone then you should be free to talk unless told otherwise by SL and if you are close to the battle zone or in it, try to keep chatter to a minimum.

The picture in my OP went 404, but can't edit it so I'll post another similar one:

Basically what you do is, before entering a room, you and possibly and one of your squad members, try to clear the angles before going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.