• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

In Traction wars I would spent money on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosiema

List some things that would make you pull your purse for TW.
You can specify the amount if you want to.

This game is F2P, but they need some support to keep the servers running, just like the development.

I'd spent real money on purchasing f.e.:

1) Equipping my tank with loudspeakers and be able to turn them on when I want so when I rush through the enemy ranks everybody hears "Sabotage" from the Beastie boys (or perhaps "Smack my b!tch up" from the Prodigy) :twisted: edit lol it's not boat ofc. :lol:
I'd pay 10 euro for that.

2) Putting my Chuck Norris avatar on all my vehicles.
Worth 5 euro for me
Humor: Top 100 Chuck Norris Facts | Bleacher Report

3) Getting a Mohawk haircut instead of a helmet. Just run over the battlefield with my anarchy look showing off is worth 5 euro for me.

It has been done before:

Example for :

1) speakers on tank
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lELZMc7mvgw[/youtube]

(OK this is silly, but other skins like CoH2 offers for a few bucks could be doable).

2) avatar on vehicles.

3) mohawk haircut

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
As weirdly awesome as it would be to create some kind of rebel soldier who runs around in his y-fronts (modelled of Mudra ofc) we have no plans to charge for ANYTHING. We're free to play, and that's 100% :)

VonMudra

Sorry, but such a-historical things would never appear anyways. The one bit you did post that IS somewhat historic is the airbourne mohawk, but this was extremely rare, and would be covered by helmet regardless.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Well obviously the servers will work on donations and many will be hosted by the different clans and communities that will spring up with the release. The devs have stated numerous times that they want to make this game a reality out of passion, not the quest for profit.

militaryprogamer

Vanguard Friend
With the developers actually doing it out of passion, you have my undying loyalty and respect

however, im just pointing out that this game, with its graphics, design, and heart of the developers, deserves to be rewarded in both money and fame

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
im just pointing out that this game, with its graphics, design, and heart of the developers, deserves to be rewarded in both money and fame

I'm all in for fame and the experience, but trust me when I say it - we're not looking for money because money... well, complicate things, complications we're not really looking for nor want.

We enjoy doing this - we're all gamers and giving this out freely is the way to go for us.

Sorry if it disappoint anyone out there!

Maniche

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
What Maniche said ^

And our reward is giving you lot the best gaming experience possible. Well, mine is anyway :p

Sir Apple

For many of us, this is our part time creative outlet/hobby. Even for myself, or any other artist on the team who is game artist - we like to make art for Traction Wars in our spare artistic time because we have lots of creative freedom and fun.

Money and all that just brings stress, a small word, but a huge complication none of us need nor desire :)

Also if we are talking about 'fame' or popularity (better word), Traction Wars will catch a LOT more attention from the general gaming community for being a high quality, fun, good looking FREE game, as opposed to being another nice looking paid game. Why, you ask? Because people expect something like traction wars to cost money, we do the opposite and be free = happy gamers = happy devs = good fun!

drummer93

"2) Putting my Chuck Norris avatar on all my vehicles."

jajajajajajajajajajaajaja my god.....

Do you imagine a Panzer with that??? xDDDDD

Last edited:
the probem with the money made game of heros and generals was that the buck privte paying villains wanted a simulator and the heros wanted an arcade also to mention the many generals who wanted the role playing features that became not a game but a cash cow . if you wanted to be a hero in heros and generals you would get your credit card out and than you could have hero ability to have better gun or better bullets and better aim . all to be better. paying for the develpment should have been about making a better game and not a better player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.