• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Interaction with community

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectorhfm

Well, I'm still quite new here in the forum. I would like to know if the devs have planned to interact with the game's community through streaming or videos. I've been watching some videos on their youtube channel where devs show some weapons or vehicles implemented in the game.

Nevertheless, I miss other kind of videos; for example some focused on the game mechanics or the path the game is following. What I would like to see if possible are informative videos on the gameplay features, strategy or deep game mechanics; appart from exposing weapon models or maps which I don't hesitate on them beign quite good.

Basicly, I believe that some regular streamings would help the community make an idea of the game and get some feedback from the devs. What do you think?

Greetings,
Héctor

Aniallator

I agree. We've talked about a dev log type thing before, and I think it'd be a good way to get insight into the game's development. However, I think it's be better to wait till release or near release before having something like this. In the meantime... I really, really, really want some new weapon demos for German weapons ;) The last demos are from 2013, so it's been awhile anyway.

Last edited:

mmiedzianyy

The most satisfying thing now is that the updates are forecasted and its awesome!
When the day comes, we know that something will be revealed.

Maybe in the future, near the release date there will be some sort of trailers or gameplays, but now i sit and enjoy what we have.

I really, really, really want some new weapon demos for German weapons ;) The last demos are from 2013, so it's been awhile anyway.
Yes, me too!
Also stuff on this available videos could change aaa looooot!

Last edited:

Mars

Pathfinder Games
Gameplay features are still under development and wouldn't be suitable for streaming, but yes perhaps towards closer to release. We do have more dev blogs planned for the future.

As we update to the latest CRYENGINE builds as part of the EaaS, some systems we use to create content become deprecated. I won't bore you with the details but it means we regularly iterate on our assets and systems as technology evolves and as our devs improve their skills. It's just the nature of game development, which anyone who's worked on a software project would understand.

Zainab

In my recommendation , If you guys do Live streaming or something then the best place is twitch for streaming..

Aniallator

Oh, I've been meaning to ask... in the Thompson demo, when you look down the sight, your outer vision blurs... looks awesome! However, I didn't see the blur in the other demos. So... was this a feature that got booted? Or it's in, but just didn't make an appearance in the other demos? Because it's a nice feature :)

Mars

Pathfinder Games
Yeah I like that feature too [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION]. It's in, but it may get toned down or changed. I believe we use a filter for that effect and it was originally for sniping.

FlyingR

Yeah I like that feature too @Aniallator. It's in, but it may get toned down or changed. I believe we use a filter for that effect and it was originally for sniping.

Why would it blur though? In real life if you aim, the vision doesn't blur? Unless you aim with both eyes open in which case it still doesn't

Other than that, I'm quite satisfied with the updates, they are putting updates release dates as well as they are quite often. I would like to see dev blogs/journals and/or videos of player movement and interaction!

Mars

Pathfinder Games
Your point of focus should always be on the target. When you aim through the iron sights of a weapon, your FOV is blurred and you can only see the front sight post. Now whether we can adjust the DOF so only objects close to you are blurred may be a good compromise, but I don't know how achievable this is.

Aniallator

Why would it blur though? In real life if you aim, the vision doesn't blur? Unless you aim with both eyes open in which case it still doesn't

When you look down a weapon's sight, you're focusing your vision on the sight and anything in line with it. Anything a ways out of your sight line is, in effect, blurry.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
One thing I would like to see are glimpses into development in a form of videos.

One great example is when a team member sits down to create a new model, map or animation he can simply fire up a basic screen capture software and record the process.

Afterwards all you have to do is speed it up a little, possibly cut out or blur any sensitive stuff you might have left in (say you get an important Skype message from Naga or something) and upload it to YouTube.

This method is great because you can combine videos from several sparate days of work (in case you don't finish the work in one go) and requires minimal effort to record edit and upload while it makes nice, entertaining content for the YouTube channel :)

Aditionally the whole editing and uploading process can be done by anybody in the TW team who's got extra time, at any point. Simply have the recorded clips upload to some sort of online storage and edit them when you have free time and will.

Status
Not open for further replies.