• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Iron Front in Arma 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Oh my God... everything in this trailer makes me moist! I've never even heard of this!

Look at the variety of planes! This is so ****ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great find Ani! This is amazing! Is it actually that good of a game or meh?

Aniallator

@Simon I know textures are lower res if you don't own Iron Front, but it's not a big deal... everything still looks awesome :) @FlyingR are you talking about Arma or the mod? The IFA3 mod is, indeed, awesome, and it includes the Americans, Germans, and Russians, as well as several WW2 maps! And we're talking Arma 3 maps, huge maps. This, and the vast number of planes and armored vehicles for every faction, means you can recreate the huge-scale blitzkrieg actually seen in the war :D Suffice it to say I'll be quenching my WW2 thirsts here for a while... and in FH2, which I just downloaded. How is it possible that that game uses the BF2 engine, it looks stunning?!

Roughbeak

How is it possible that that game uses the BF2 engine, it looks stunning?!

Vehicles or weapons (and some static tile-able textures) in FH2 and PR even, the texture resolution don't differ much even in most modern titles.

There are differences, of course, but it can be possible that older engines can generate incredible results! :)

drummer93

Oh my God... everything in this trailer makes me moist! I've never even heard of this!

Look at the variety of planes! This is so ****ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great find Ani! This is amazing! Is it actually that good of a game or meh?

haha we talked about this a long time ago :p. Do you have some kind of Alzheimer?

Last edited:

Miller786

[MENTION=1109]Roughbeak[/MENTION] FH2 standalone when? :p PR made the jump and i expect FH2 to follow, installing fh2 is a bit of a bummer since you need to own and install bf2 too...

FlyingR

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] I'm talking about the mod for A3. God what a beauty! Man, this game and mod needs to come integrated with all the computers in the world :D

Aniallator

Anyways, so, this is what I expect Traction Wars to be like in Chapter V or above...
Big ass maps, tanks (Chapter II), lots of players (128+), eventually planes, and maybe although not necessary, new factions.

And leprechauns. Lots of leprechauns.

Simon

Yeah, no, I don't remember :p

Anyways, so, this is what I expect Traction Wars to be like in Chapter V or above...
Big ass maps, tanks (Chapter II), lots of players (128+), eventually planes, and maybe although not necessary, new factions.

I would really like Yugoslavia since noone ever mentions it in games, and also a fun fact: Last battle of WW2 was in Slovenia, it lasted from 14th to 15th May 1945 in Prevalje. They don't teach us about this in history, shame.

Battle of Poljana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FlyingR

I would really like Yugoslavia since noone ever mentions it in games, and also a fun fact: Last battle of WW2 was in Slovenia, it lasted from 14th to 15th May 1945 in Prevalje. They don't teach us about this in history, shame.

Battle of Poljana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mean in the Western front because WWII continued all the way to the V-J on the 15th of August and formal surrender of Japan on the 2nd of September. Also there are many people that say the War theoretically ended 10 years later or such.

@drummer93 hahaha we talked about many things, this wouldn't have happened if you stopped ignoring me! I feel neglected! :mad::'(

Simon

You mean in the Western front because WWII continued all the way to the V-J on the 15th of August and formal surrender of Japan on the 2nd of September. Also there are many people that say the War theoretically ended 10 years later or such.

Yes Western front.

Simon

I'd enjoy Yugo... if only for the 1895 Steyr-Mannlicher rifles :D The invasion of Yugoslavia only lasted ten days, though.

Yep, well Yugoslavia ended up with 640.000 active personnel and 3.2 million in reserver in years following so invasion would take little longer if they attacked us in 70s or 80s lol xD

Status
Not open for further replies.