• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Is this game ready for a HUGE influx of players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosiema

Hello dev's,

Not sure if this was asked earlier in the forums, been a while since I've posted here,

But this game is still on my radar, and I know it's on the radar of a lot of other WW2 FPS game fans.:)

As soon as this game is released, I am sure that there will be a LOT of new players will instantly download the client.
Is the server you guys use ready for that? I mean, its gonna be in the thousands of DL's instantly.

Also, a lot of clans will find their way to you, will you implement a way that friends can play together?

Aniallator

Not quite the answer to your questions, but nonetheless...

The game runs on individual servers rather than a single centrally hosted server.

We will be running officially servers but we will also be releasing a dedicated server kit for regiments and members to host their own private games.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
I mean, there's a lot of technology out there that lets you download it without any problems at least.

But yeah, we definitely need some overhead for the hosting! Dunno the technical things around servers so someone else need to answer that one

FlyingR

At first the servers will only allow 16 vs 16, so a total of 32 players for the first Chapter at least. This will be a big problem since as you mentioned, there will be a lot of people wanting to download it and play it.

I think it will be at this point that the team will have to accept monetary aid from the members to help out with the servers :p

Zainab

Same thinking that will there be more than one servers? ...Like a war will be going at one place with random spawns and each spawns with different servers,but the chapter will be the same...idk..

Last edited:

Aniallator

Same thinking that will there be more than one servers? ...Like a war will be going at one place with random spawns and each spawns with different servers,but the chapter will be the same...idk..

Er... not quite sure what you're saying? An H&G-esque war?

Poorlaggedman

The real question is whether the people who will host servers and the engine itself are ready to start banning trolls who'll get bored fast and turn to tormenting others.

Sydd

Nope, the way I develop games. Like, say one server is full but another server can be opened which will be in the same war if that's possible...

Urm judging by the way we have different maps I think it's safe to assume it will be similar to battlefield series in terms of servers so you have a few official servers to start off with and then player owned servers will start showing up too, with that being said I think it will be based on maps, for example : caspian border map game mod: conquest. If you search this in battle log you will find servers currently using that map and that game mode I think tw will be similar

Zainab

Urm judging by the way we have different maps I think it's safe to assume it will be similar to battlefield series in terms of servers so you have a few official servers to start off with and then player owned servers will start showing up too, with that being said I think it will be based on maps, for example : caspian border map game mod: conquest. If you search this in battle log you will find servers currently using that map and that game mode I think tw will be similar

Well, lets just wait and see ..that's we can do e.e

No game out there when is new and fresh and people start DL it and trying to enter the MP is without problems. Servers always need 24-48 hrs settling down time till all stabilizes and gets 80-90% in proper functioning order.

Sydd

Okay, so knowing that official servers won't be able to handle the payload, what if players were allowed to purchase servers in advance? I know nothing when it comes to servers but I'm hoping its possible to do so, if this is possible then there should be a good amount of servers up on the day of its release. It's a win win situation.
clans get to play on their servers and have the opportunity to populate and and recruit people. Tw doesn't have to worry about getting thousands of people in their servers complaining it's full and there aren't enough servers

Lister471

I know for a fact The community i work for forgotten honor will be hosting servers, and will be organising some events. We are looking very forward to the game.

FlyingR

I know for a fact The community i work for forgotten honor will be hosting servers, and will be organising some events. We are looking very forward to the game.

Hey! It's great to see someone from Forgotten Honor (it was a matter of time)! I was going to post about this game there, but I guess there's no need now. I hope you guys get to organize a tournament for this game!

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I think the best would be if clans pitched in and set up few servers in advance. Some mentioned donating but imo simply renting several servers for a month will help out the most.

Sydd

I think the best would be if clans pitched in and set up few servers in advance. Some mentioned donating but imo simply renting several servers for a month will help out the most.

My my, Yosip is back! Yes, this I can agree with, like I mentioned earlier... if clans were allowed to purchase servers, this would completely eliminate issues where players have a lack of servers and start complaining about it. This way a clan can establish a base for themselves and have a good time recruiting new players, many players will regularly get on their servers so you know its good for both the clan and the community, besides afaik, most clans run through player donations so their servers are funded in that aspect and as long as there are people willing to do so, I think its a great idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.