• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Kickstarter/Crowdfunding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sHaKeNbAkE

I think I searched the forums properly and couldn't find a thread on this...my apologies in advance if there already is one. After seeing your site overhaul, tentative release date, quest to expand team, etc. I was thinking (scary)...why don't these guys do a kickstarter/crowdfunding campaign? Maybe it would help with expanding team and even speed up the development of the game (would have increased financial resources)?

From what you have shared on this site and from what I can see in the WW2 FPS genre people are starving for a game like this on a modern day engine. I think you would be surprised by the support you would get if you ran this type of campaign.

I know my wallet is ready if this were to ever happen as I (selfishly) want this game sooner than later.

Again if this has already been discussed my apologies.

Wishing you the best!!

Sincerely,

Shakenbake

Sydd

These thread suggestions will just never end will it?

They accept cookies, nothing more.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Funding no. Donations maybe in the future.

But don't quote me on that. (Who am I kidding, of course you will...)

Last edited:

volcol

Donations are a questionable front too, but something we might be able to explore much further down the line. There's a plethora of reasons that would make a kickstarter/donations at this very moment very difficult.

Last edited:

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
We do love our cookies.

I don't know it just seems so unreal to me that you guys are not asking for money at all.
We have such paradigms in our heads that don't allow us to comprehend so. Haha
I really wish to support this game with money or whatever would help you guys. i can't wait to play this.

Last edited:

Fegelein

Good to see you here [MENTION=1254]sHaKeNbAkE[/MENTION]. Apparently TW devs don't accept donations yet. I would gladly support them with some extra money too though.

P.S- I'm a big fan of your channel

volcol

Or you could just ask nicely and receive my share. But you've shown your true colours now

[MENTION=155]volcol[/MENTION] Can't you be tempted by this year's Gouden Carolus Cuvée van de Keizer beer? I can get you some of that quite easily.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
I hate cookies.
On behalf of the entire Traction Wars team I am here to state that Traction Wars (and associated ventures) does not relate to the statement given by mister Volcol. We apologize for the controversy.

Sincerely,
The Legal Department

Status
Not open for further replies.