• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Lean and roll functions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristle

In many first-person shooting games, the lean function is often non-existent or not often used because of how fast paced those games are and the minimal amount of caution you need to exercise. For Traction Wars to be more realistic, I would like there to be a lean function to allow yourself to lean around corners without exposing too much of your body. I believe that this function would allow for more tactical gameplay. (Sorry if this is already implemented) On another note, I was wondering if there will be a rolling on the floor function.

Rewhymo

Arma 3 had a great leaning function. if you press e and q you leaned right or left. double tap e and you will stay leaning right till you hit q. they also had a side step where you hit ctrl D and you would take a step to the left and even after that you could still hit e to lean further left. As Shown in the photo below. Now im not sure if any of these stances are more modern in training style but im sure some if not all were used by someone somewhere.
stances.jpg

Rewhymo

heres another set of stances we could take advantage of.

Stances like these would give soldiers the option of ducking and raising behind window frames or low walls

anim_1.jpg

Aristle

Haha, the first and the third ones would be so awesome to see. Though, it could be possible that they may be able to add a button to adjust your stance to different height walls.

Last edited:

Alex

They're already working on historical stances from what I believe.
yup, watch video

Aniallator

I would like to see lean functions, as well as a roll function; it's annoying in other FPS games when you want to strafe left or right while in a prone position, a roll would solve this. I would also like to see different crouch/kneel heights, as it's also annoying in other FPS games when you want to crouch and shoot out of a window, but the crouch is too low and you're forced to stand, thus exposing yourself. Will something like this be implemented? It could be toggled, for example, by holding the crouch button (such as Ctrl), then scrolling the mouse wheel up or down to crouch higher or lower. Would love to see this!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the video, Maniche did a sort of vault, or rather clambered over an obstacle. Will we be able to, for example, clamber over a low wall by going up to it a toggling the designated button?

Last edited:

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the video, Maniche did a sort of vault, or rather clambered over an obstacle. Will we be able to, for example, clamber over a low wall by going up to it a toggling the designated button?

Whether it's a designated button or just fluently on-the-fly remains to be seen, but the Engine already support this so.

Maniche

Status
Not open for further replies.