• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Let's play Project Reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

[MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION], [MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION], [MENTION=2186]mmiedzianyy[/MENTION] I'll be on TS tonight! TS: drakelings.co

Simon

I met FlyingR :D

But first... I found old BF2 download and legit key, so now more playing on Russian server....

I was playing on PRTA when suddenly I saw this in squad chat:

FlyingR: Hello, am I all alone ?

Then I knew who it was :D

FlyingR

I met FlyingR :D

But first... I found old BF2 download and legit key, so now more playing on Russian server....

I was playing on PRTA when suddenly I saw this in squad chat:

FlyingR: Hello, am I all alone ?

Then I knew who it was :D

HAhahahahah it was nice meeting you for like 1 min! Glad you got BF2 up and running! Hopefully next time you'll stay longer! ;)

FlyingR

it's not enough with FH2?

No! It's completely different! FH2 is still arcade compared to PR. PR WW2 is the closest as to what TW will be like. There was an Alpha testing of PRWW2, it looks very very cool.

@mmiedzianyy really sorry man, it was 2 am here, I had already hit the sack! Unless you're available now? :p

@Aniallator for sure! TW should have a center (TS and/or forum section) dedicated for members that play in other games!

VonMudra

Considering how absolutely terrible WW2 PR was on any terms of historical accuracy, I would NEVER compare us to PR. We are more taking of the FH concept of dedication to historical accuracy, adding more to that vein in terms of weaponry, equipment, uniforms, etc, and then notching up the realism aspects.

FlyingR

Considering how absolutely terrible WW2 PR was on any terms of historical accuracy, I would NEVER compare us to PR. We are more taking of the FH concept of dedication to historical accuracy, adding more to that vein in terms of weaponry, equipment, uniforms, etc, and then notching up the realism aspects.

How is PR WWII unrealistic? First, let's forget that they are in their Alpha test, secondly, apart from the weapons, I am comparing the gameplay as well which is basically team-oriented too!

Simon

I played FH2, it's an amazing game, but at the same time it has this "arcade" feel to it (Killconfirm, hitmarkers)

VonMudra

How is PR WWII unrealistic? First, let's forget that they are in their Alpha test, secondly, apart from the weapons, I am comparing the gameplay as well which is basically team-oriented too!

I have never played it, but last I heard, they were using Pershings in normandy because "American tanks suck" and the shermans that were ingame drove like they had jet engines strapped to their sides. I know someone who, and I quote, "drove around the map 5 times and nobody could hit me, and jumped a river" in one of their Shermans. They put Tigers at very poor attempts to create D-Day maps, and for the GI's simply reskinned PR Vietnam models.

Pascucci

I used to be a very active Project Reality player and know many of the devs behind the game. Project Reality WWII was pretty badly done all around from my point of view and authenticity was never given a priority. The map (single map at the time of release) was based off of movies more than anything else and the assets provided for the player were horrifically inaccurate, such as Pershing tanks on a map set in Normandy! Model quality was horrible, American trucks were modern US military trucks that were badly reskinned, it just came across as horribly done. Many of the devs even admitted that authenticity wasn't important.

FlyingR

I have never played it, but last I heard, they were using Pershings in normandy because "American tanks suck" and the shermans that were ingame drove like they had jet engines strapped to their sides. I know someone who, and I quote, "drove around the map 5 times and nobody could hit me, and jumped a river" in one of their Shermans. They put Tigers at very poor attempts to create D-Day maps, and for the GI's simply reskinned PR Vietnam models.

I have also never played it, but I have seen videos and the weapons updates/videos in PR... The weapons are either similar or improved compared to FH2. As I said, it's still in Alpha testing. The PRWIII gameplay in general, I would hope, would be similar to TW in comparison to FH2... But since Pascucci stated that the devs don't care about the history accuracy then oh well... it is a major let-down.

FlyingR

Well there are rumors that there will be a new patch for PR that will not require a BF2 CD anymore! So hoping there will be more players playing it! [MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION] (This is for you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.