• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Linux support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make a commitment to Linux. The gap between Linux and Windows is tiny now and I, like many Linux users, use Windows only for games. There are many Linux programmers willing to join a project like TW, who would work with the same conditions. Just ask and see what response you get!

Linux is more secure and robust than Windows (Microsoft stole the security routines from Linux Mint for Windows 7), the Blue Screen of Death never happens in Linux, and Linux is free. There is only one reason why Mircosoft offered a free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Supporting Linux is definitely something I want us to do but it's not something we have spent time on so far as our focus is on the actual gameplay at this stage.

If some programmers wanted to join the team who were keen on Linux though I have a feeling support would be added far quicker [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.