• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Medics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiedzianyy

Ani, when you are on your "helping" slot. That means you can spent whole game without a possibility of shoting the gun and even not helping wounded. You can move on this slot all the time, even from one wounded to another. You always should remember that the further you go from the squad the bigger possibility is you can be shot, because enemy wouldn't get penalty. Medics were killed during battles, thats why it's important to help them moving from one wounded to another with a cover fire etc. i think. Medic protection isn't physical like invisible wall but only being punished or not. From what i was thinking, medic could choose if he wants to be active soldier or only helping people. Battlefield define its needs.

Aniallator

Ani, when you are on your "helping" slot. That means you can spent whole game without a possibility of shoting the gun and even not helping wounded. You can move on this slot all the time, even from one wounded to another. You always should remember that the further you go from the squad the bigger possibility is you can be shot, because enemy wouldn't get penalty. Medics were killed during battles, thats why it's important to help them moving from one wounded to another with a cover fire etc. i think. Medic protection isn't physical like invisible wall but only being punished or not. From what i was thinking, medic could choose if he wants to be active soldier or only helping people. Battlefield define its needs.

I see, though what do you mean the enemy wouldn't get penalty for killing a medic if he's further away from his section? And what's to stop a medic from switching from the helping slot to his pistol in the middle of combat?

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Just give the medic one (1) magazine of ammo for his pistol and send him off to help the wounded. He should also run a bit slower then the regular soldiers and should not be able to capture flags. Doing recon with a medic is a feasible strategy (just like scout-plane-capping in FH2 is), but then you're not really helping your buddies as you don't have binoculars and can't spot anything on the map.

This should stop everyone who wants to troll with a medic as they would be bored the moment they spend all their ammo. Only dedicated guys will stick to playing a medic.

Also maybe we could get a jeep with medical supplies for the medic one day? Make it super flammable (let's say it's carrying lots of medical alcohol) and only "driveable" by a medic so it wouldn't be used for transport or recon often.

... On the other hand I can think of a few ways to troll the enemy or your team with the jeep so just forget about that...

Last edited:

mmiedzianyy

I see, though what do you mean the enemy wouldn't get penalty for killing a medic if he's further away from his section? And what's to stop a medic from switching from the helping slot to his pistol in the middle of combat?

Yes, to prevent doing recon by a medic. But maybe, it should be reduced to situations when medic is between two teams i.e. between defending Axis and attacking Allies.

I didn't thought about it.. Sooner or later he will be treating wounded :D

Ehh.. so complicated ;/

[MENTION=421]LuckyOne[/MENTION] - i quite like your idea! Medics wouldn't be able to communicate with the team because of distance when doing recon.
3d voice ftw.

Aniallator

Just give the medic one (1) magazine of ammo for his pistol and send him off to help the wounded. He should also run a bit slower then the regular soldiers and should not be able to capture flags. Doing recon with a medic is a feasible strategy (just like scout-plane-capping in FH2 is), but then you're not really helping your buddies as you don't have binoculars and can't spot anything on the map.This should stop everyone who wants to troll with a medic as they would be bored the moment they spend all their ammo. Only dedicated guys will stick to playing a medic.Also maybe we could get a jeep with medical supplies for the medic one day? Make it super flammable (let's say it's carrying lots of medical alcohol) and only "driveable" by a medic so it wouldn't be used for transport or recon often.... On the other hand I can think of a few ways to troll the enemy or your team with the jeep so just forget about that...

Hadn't occurred to me before, but yes, limited magazines is a good idea! You mean one spare magazine, yes? Because not having any spares wouldn't be enough, even for a medic. But the two magazine limit (the loaded and the spare) combined with a one ticket penalty for killing an enemy should solve the self defense issue. Any medic with a wit of sense won't try to kill an enemy unless he has to, and vice versa if there's a ten ticket penalty for killing a medic. Limited magazines are realistic anyway, considering the equipment medics have to carry and the fact that using your pistol is low on the priority list.

Hopefully TW has a similar system to Insurgency where how fast you run depends on what equipment you're carrying, meaning the medic would indeed be slower than say a rifleman. I don't see why medics shouldn't be able to cap flags, though?

EDIT: @mmiedzianyy that's a good point about positional VOIP! Of course, that's assuming there's no form of section radio. While most games (PR, Squad, et cetera) feature positional VOIP as well as a section radio, I don't think TW needs section radio. On top of being more realistic and immersive, it encourages the section to...

1. Stay together.
2. Form a detailed plan if the section splits up. For example, before assaulting the section leader informs the section members that one element of the section will advance on the objective while the other element will flank right around the farmhouse, and they will rendezvous a the manor.

It would be really fun and intense, as opposed to being able to talk to your section no matter where you are!

Last edited:

Aniallator

Ah, one thing I just realized about carrying/dragging is that assuming TW has no unconscious state - you're either alive, alive and wounded, or dead - then there's not really any reason to carry or drag somebody.

Something else I want to mention, is that if there is indeed damage on different body areas (like each of your arms and legs, your head, and your torso), then the effects of a wound on each of the body parts should be both significant and unique. For example, if you suffer a wound to the legs, your walking and running speeds should be drastically reduced, the time it takes to change stances should be increased, and you should move with a wobble. Or if you suffer a wound to the arms, your recoil and sway increase by a fair margin, and the time to change weapons and reload is increased, and so on.

FlyingR

Ah, one thing I just realized about carrying/dragging is that assuming TW has no unconscious state - you're either alive, alive and wounded, or dead - then there's not really any reason to carry or drag somebody.

Something else I want to mention, is that if there is indeed damage on different body areas (like each of your arms and legs, your head, and your torso), then the effects of a wound on each of the body parts should be both significant and unique. For example, if you suffer a wound to the legs, your walking and running speeds should be drastically reduced, the time it takes to change stances should be increased, and you should move with a wobble. Or if you suffer a wound to the arms, your recoil and sway increase by a fair margin, and the time to change weapons and reload is increased, and so on.

The medic would have to drag or carry a person that has been severely wounded (not able to walk and stuff or "unconscious" like you mentioned, so there should be that).

Yes, I would hate that if that happens to me with all my heart, but I definitely want it!

Aniallator

The medic would have to drag or carry a person that has been severely wounded (not able to walk and stuff or "unconscious" like you mentioned, so there should be that).

Yes, I would hate that if that happens to me with all my heart, but I definitely want it!

How about this; when wounded in the legs, you're knocked prone, and you can't get up or move until all your leg wounds have been treated. Thus, other players should be able to carry and/or drag you. Should it be carry, drag, or both? I'm leaning more towards drag.

Last edited:

FlyingR

How about this: when wounded in the legs, you're knocked prone, and you can't get up or move until all your leg wounds have been treated. Thus, other players should be able to carry and/or drag you. Should it be carry, drag or both? I'm leaning more towards just drag.

When wounded on the leg you should be able to walk, but with speed reduced and hopping more like with one leg. If both legs are hit, then they could that what you mention above.

For me, both is fine but honestly whichever is easier to make. How would it look if you drag someone up or down the stairs?

Aniallator

What about a more intense system? When you get wounded enough that 50% of your health has been removed (so you don't just go down from low fall damage, a few grenade fragments, et cetera), you're knocked prone, and you can't get up or move until at least one bandage has been applied to all of your wounds. You can still fire the weapon you're equipped with, but you can't change weapons or reload until the bandages have been applied. This would completely change what it means to get wounded and the mechanics of it, so what do you think?

Simon

I had to

sayad4

I disagree with the medic not having a weapon, because it just doesn't look right. Secondly, not only should a medic be able to carry a wounded soldier, but I feel that other players besides medics should be able to pull back wounded players that have their legs blown off. Medics should be able to do surgery in the field, not just put a health bag on them and they heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.