• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Microsoft Flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
So somehow I've managed to end up on the Microsoft Flight beta. It's essentially a sequel to the Microsoft Flight Simulator, only on release it will be free to play.

Major changes are the graphics of course, which are pretty. Though if you hate change the low setting looks exactly like the original. Another thing is you can press E to get out of your plane. (Unsure if you can do it mid flight, but that's an experiment.) I'm assuming this is so you can go steal planes carefully parked at airports GTA-style rather than having to reload, though parachuting would be fun.

So is there a place for flight simulators like this? Ones that don't require shooting of any kind? Personally I find flying around rendered Hawaii quite relaxing and peaceful. (Until landing is required of course.) Some simulators confuse me as to why anyone would actually want to buy them, but maybe if Garbage Truck Simulator was free to play more people would give it a go? Even just for taking the ****.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
The simulation world has gone a bit mad although I can't really talk having spent some hours on Ship Simulator :p I have to admit though beyond the usual Planes, Ships & Trains Simulators the others seem rather pointless. Farm Simulator being perhaps the exception although it doesn't appeal to me.

Sir Apple

I used to play combat flight simulator which is a totally different game but fun :p

Also I used to play train simulator lol.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Puts hand up...

Train Simulator and Fight Simulator 98 were probably the first games I ever played after Lemmings ;) Can't remember which I played first but I remember the reversed controls on Flight Sim caused me issues for ages.

Sir Apple

Flight sims were always dull for me - I ended up just goofing around. Although I do that in pretty much all simulators when I used to play them, never really knew what else there was to do :p

Status
Not open for further replies.