• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Mnimap

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Guys, I wanted to know your opinion about this:

I know this won't happen but what do you think about having many of the icons removed from the minimap?

For example just having the commander's marker just on it, meaning having only the objectives shown by the commander or Section leaders only as well.

It would be very realistic and it would mean members would have to stick together or get lost. This would come great with a radio operator but seeing as there are none in the game just stick with Section Leaders communicating with each other via mumble. A commander would be essential in the game and communication would be even more vital for the team's success.

I know there are cons like lots team killing, massive spread, people getting lost and such and also that there has to be a balance between realism and gaming but if well implemented I could see it being done in this game.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
I want to quote a part of my own dev blog:

"HUD only shows a mini-map and compass, which are there to give you a better spatial awareness. They show your position relative to friendly players and important features of the map. Team-mates will only be shown when directly in view without any obstacles between you and them. These icons will slowly fade away when losing contact although things like objectives and orders will always be visible. To orientate properly you’ll have to pull out a physical map, so you can’t use your weapon at that moment -just as in real life. Depending on your class you’ll have a more or less detailed map."

So for example NCOs might be a more valuable target as they have more information.

FlyingR

He did, up until the point I grabbed the majority of them and ran off to Australia!

Muhahah

With all the cookies being eaten, this picture comes to mind hahaha.

hqdefault.jpg

As for the minimap, once it's open, how would you zoom in? By pressing a key like BF 'n' key? What about the mouse wheel for zooming?

FlyingR

Ctrl + mousemove for 3d perspective?

No, I'm sure he meant GPS support by dropping a marker on the minimap from your location.

"At Café Gondree please turn right" :D

Really that's cool hanni, I'm glad your not just copying any other game out there but doing original things! Keep it up!

litchu

No, I'm sure he meant GPS support by dropping a marker on the minimap from your location.

"At Café Gondree please turn right" :D

Really that's cool hanni, I'm glad your not just copying any other game out there but doing original things! Keep it up!

As long as they don't show speed camera's, that's illegal in france!

Status
Not open for further replies.