• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Mumble or TeamSpeak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Are you guys still planning on integrating Mumble, or are you not sure? If so, why not TeamSpeak? Pardon my ignorance, but does TS integration cost? If TS is a feasible option for VOIP, I'd far prefer to see it than Mumble.

Sydd

I can never make mumble work, I hate it! I have done practically everything to try and get it to work in PR but nooo, it simply refuses to work... I think you need to pay for teamspeak server, if you want to create a channel that is, aaand as for integration this application called overwolf seems to work quite fine, anyone can create a channel without paying and can use it ingame.

FlyingR

If I'm not mistaken they hinted that there will be VOIP/mumble integrated.

And yes you do have to pay for TS, like 10 dollars a month or something like, but I highly doubt they will make a TS server. Especially since they won't ask for donations and they have to pay for the game servers, hostings, website, etc.

Aniallator

If I'm not mistaken they hinted that there will be VOIP/mumble integrated.

And yes you do have to pay for TS, like 10 dollars a month or something like, but I highly doubt they will make a TS server. Especially since they won't ask for donations and they have to pay for the game servers, hostings, website, etc.

Yup, they mentioned Mumble integration for TW, so I was just wondering if this is still the intent, or if they're considering/have considered TS. Mumble is just a bit outdated, and everyone uses TS these days. But if they're prevented from using TS for financial reasons, I completely understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.