• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

New GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydd

Hey Guys,
So urm my goal with my gaming rig is to ensure that it is capable of running all the newest games with ease.
CPU: Intel Core I7 4790k @4ghz
Ram: Corsair vengeance 2x8gb (16gb) @ 2133mhz
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 680, 2gb.

So one thing I have learned in my life is that I am ignorant, I'd be the last person in the world to know if there was a zombie Apocalypse even tho' it started in my neighborhood. With that being said, I plan on upgrading my gpu to the Gaming edition, MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti, now my question is, is this a good decision? Or should I wait a couple of months till a really good gpu ships out into the market? AFAIK, the 980ti is quite powerful and is the latest one in the market. So should I wait or should I buy?

Regards,
Sydd

volcol

I'm running a very very similar rig, you should be absolutely fine for TW, and with most other games for a little while yet.

Sydd

I'm running a very very similar rig, you should be absolutely fine for TW, and with most other games for a little while yet.

Indeed, I mean that 680 can run Assassin's creed unity on medium settings, I was very surprised! However, I play skyrim yeah? and I have updated all my textures to 2k and I am running RealVision ENB so it looks like this: TESV 2015-06-10 00-16-08-51.jpg

However it hits the 2 gig limit fairly fast, and I play it on 40fps... I need to update.. question is, what gpu should I update to?

Sydd

Holy sh*t. My Skyrim never looks that good. Thanks, Lenovo.

Ani the best part is... it can look WAY better than that. I haven't installed LOD mods, distant terrain mods etc. +2k and 1k textures. If I had a more powerful GPU I would have upgraded everything to 4k/2k textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.