• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #58: 3Dception Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killen

Can you imagine the suppression system, with 3DCEPTION? OMG it will be amazing! Hope the hype doesn't kill this project :p

Aniallator

Fresco that's an excellent point, 3Dception with the suppression system will be a total eargasm :D We'll all be cowering behind a wall, sh*tting our pants because an MG 34's trimming the air above our heads!

Killen

Fresco that's an excellent point, 3Dception with the suppression system will be a total eargasm :D We'll all be cowering behind a wall, sh*tting our pants because an MG 34's trimming the air above our heads!

Btw, i cleared my inbox... I love Fresco ahhahhah

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Pretty pointless posting this in youtube format, youtube doesn't do 5.1.

You don't need 5.1 for this technology.

Also another example. (note that this is just a recording. Programming it in realtime is way more difficult.) I highly recommand this with some headphones and just closing your eyes.

Killen

You don't need 5.1 for this technology.

Also another example. (note that this is just a recording. Programming it in realtime is way more difficult.) I highly recommand this with some headphones and just closing your eyes.

Sorry to ask you [MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION], when is the update coming? :D i have lost the perception of time :)

Siggi

Ah, it requires headphones then. That explains why it doesn't work with speakers. I get nothing from my rear speakers with the barbershop demo. I'd say even DH does it better if un-selecting system-drivers didn't BSOD my PC every time.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
3Dception will work with any setup and we will support other audio configurations as well as headphones. You get the best effect with headphones, however you do get a noticeable improvement when just using stereo speakers. It is a very powerful, very flexible plugin.

Siggi

Well, it doesn't work with my 5.1 speakers. In DH, with system-drivers deselected, I get proper positional sound (until I BSOD). If I throw a grenade and then turn 180-degrees the explosion comes through my rear speakers. In the Barbershop demo I get no discrete sound through my rear speakers, it's just the usual muddy sound-field. "Follow me while I move around the back of your head (with scissors)"...sound travels across the front speakers, nothing from the rears. There are sounds from the rears, just not discrete.

Last edited:

Aniallator

Well, it doesn't work with my 5.1 speakers. In DH, with system-drivers deselected, I get proper positional sound (until I BSOD). If I throw a grenade and then turn 180-degrees the explosion comes through my rear speakers. In the Barbershop demo I get no discrete sound through my rear speakers, it's just the usual muddy sound-field. "Follow me while I move around the back of your head (with scissors)"...sound travels across the front speakers, nothing from the rears. There are sounds from the rears, just not discrete.

I just want to clarify, you're using external speakers? Not earphones/headphones? I use a normal, dead-cheap pair of earphones and I can hear 360 degree audio fine.

Aniallator

Yes, 5.1 desktop speakers (Logitech), running through an xFi Fatality card.

I thought 360 degree audio might work on surround speakers, but I guess not... bummer, as you seem to have a pretty stellar sound system. Unless something changes or there's some mystery setting, I suppose you'll just have to use earphones/headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.