• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Next Chapters?

Next Battle you would like to see in the game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veers

What battle would you guys like to see in the game?

I, personally, would be dissapointed if they didn't make a 'Bulge' chapter.
How I love the snow :)

EDIT: accidental double post, oops

Last edited:

FlyingR

The next chapter will continue with the battles fought by the British Army which follows the timeline from the beginning of the assault on Pegasus Bridge onwards to the end of the European theatre (if I'm not mistaken).

There's a similar thread to this one asking which theatres we would like to see. In my case, the Pacific campaign or North African campaign, but this won't happen in the following 3-5 years at least!

Veers

3-5 years!
I honestly feel like mailing chocolate chip cookies to all the developers just so that they get the boost of motivation..

I voted Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal as well as Kursk. Few games capture the perilous jungles and volcano sand of the Pacific Campaign properly but when they do it's an absolutely horrifically beautiful experience, nothing like experiencing what was to become the most brutal theater right on your monitor. I also voted Kursk because a massive all out offensive involving the most tanks ever fielded in a battle before sounds amazing.

Theres just something about watching the two totalitarian giants duking it out on the vast endless fields of the Soviet Union that never ceases to amaze me.

Aniallator

As Flying pointed out, the next few chapters will no doubt follow up on the Normandy campaign with the liberation of Belgium and the Netherlands; Operation Market Garden, and so on. However, when that's wrapped up, I would do ANYTHING to see the battle of France in all its 1940 glory! Sure it'd be awesome to see Kursk and Stalingrad, Iwo Jima and Manila; but the battle of France and the Low Countries - the initial stages of WW2 on a whole - are completely left out, in gaming and often in general. Imagine playing in the invading German Wehrmacht, blitzing on Panzer Is and IIs, or as the defending French, plastering the enemy with FM 24/29s and halting tanks with a Boys rifle. Battling it out in the narrow alleys of Stonne, the wide streets of Calais, or the vast fields of Hannut. Awesome factor aside, it'd be far simpler to implement than, say, the Eastern front or the Pacific theater, because it's still set in France (you can use existing assets, and overall terrain is similar to existing maps), and the British and German factions are already done; you just need to change them a bit to go from 1944 to 1940. Plus, you could get three underrated factions out of it, the Belgians, Dutch, and French. However, if I couldn't chose this, I'd go Italian campaign, no question. Carcanos ;)

SpaceCroissant

3-5 years!
I honestly feel like mailing chocolate chip cookies to all the developers just so that they get the boost of motivation..
We're all motivated, it's just that personal life gets in the way :( If you can pay all our salaries so we don't have to work, that would probably speed things up :p

I've put forward the 1940 Blitzkrieg both in France and the Low Countries, but I'd also like to see some lesser known battles from the Eastern Front such as Operations Trappenjagd and Störfang, or the Novorossiysk landings.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
We're all motivated, it's just that personal life gets in the way :( If you can pay all our salaries so we don't have to work, that would probably speed things up :p

Here here! Rabble rabble rabble.

I'm hoping for a space chapter; Laser Thompson will be OP though.

FlyingR

Here here! Rabble rabble rabble.

I'm hoping for a space chapter; Laser Thompson will be OP though.

I agree, we should have the Andromeda theatre or the battle for the Pillars of Creation in 4023 A.C. Please don't forget to add the Space Dinosaurs or else it won't be realistic...

TheViscount

I'm still a fan of the invasion of Poland... galloping around on a horse to flank the enemy and gather intelligence. But that's probably just me!

mmiedzianyy

I'm still a fan of the invasion of Poland... galloping around on a horse to flank the enemy and gather intelligence. But that's probably just me!

Not only you :)
Polish cavalry wasn't commonly used as it was in WWI. There is the myth about Poles attacking German tanks with horses and sabres.. ;D

Kilroy115

I feel like the first few chapters should focus on what the paratroopers had to do. Since we already have the Pegasus Bridge missions incoming, then maybe some other mission that the British Airborne had to achieve the night before the landings? If not, then maybe with the American Paratroopers around Saint Mer Eglise. I think it would be nice to go in chronological order. That way we could write our own war stories.xD

Aniallator

I feel like the first few chapters should focus on what the paratroopers had to do. Since we already have the Pegasus Bridge missions incoming, then maybe some other mission that the British Airborne had to achieve the night before the landings? If not, then maybe with the American Paratroopers around Saint Mer Eglise. I think it would be nice to go in chronological order. That way we could write our own war stories.xD

Once the British sector of Normandy and potentially Market Garden are more complete, the devs have high hopes for the US sector of Normandy, which also means Fallschirmjäger :D

Kilroy115

Once the British sector of Normandy and potentially Market Garden are more complete, the devs have high hopes for the US sector of Normandy, which also means Fallschirmjäger :D

I am just waiting to storm Omaha Beach. Also, the defense of Carentan would be a great way to introduce US armor when they get the chance to work on it. But for right now the focus is, as the dev's have said, to be on infantry combat. Then they will intro a British and German tank and I can finally begin my armor career!

Aniallator

I am just waiting to storm Omaha Beach. Also, the defense of Carentan would be a great way to introduce US armor when they get the chance to work on it. But for right now the focus is, as the dev's have said, to be on infantry combat. Then they will intro a British and German tank and I can finally begin my armor career!

If and when we see the US sector, I'm also excited because captured R 35s were among the vehicles the Germans used in their initial push against Saint-Mère-Église (at least I think it was Saint-Mère-Église), so that's something we could see! Despite them being sh*tty as actual tanks xD

Kilroy115

I know haha, but Carentans defence would just be a nice way to see US armor. 60 odd M4 Shermans of the 2nd Armored Division arriving to relieve the 101st Airborne from an assault by German Fallschirmjager and StuG III's. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.