• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Next Chapters?

Next Battle you would like to see in the game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

I know haha, but Carentans defence would just be a nice way to see US armor. 60 odd M4 Shermans of the 2nd Armored Division arriving to relieve the 101st Airborne from an assault by German Fallschirmjager and StuG III's. :D

It will be like Band of Brothers: the Video Game. Good thing about Shermans is the Brits used them as well, albeit a different model, but nonetheless it'll make implementing them for the US easier. Assault guns like the StuG III are one of those armored vehicles that never get the love they deserve... so I have no doubt we will see an Ausf. G at some point :D

Kilroy115

It will be like Band of Brothers: the Video Game. Good thing about Shermans is the Brits used them as well, albeit a different model, but nonetheless it'll make implementing them for the US easier. Assault guns like the StuG III are one of those armored vehicles that never get the love they deserve... so I have no doubt we will see an Ausf. G at some point :D

Haha very true, although I think when Pegasus Bridge becomes open to everyone then we may try to play it just like that infamous night went down. Minus the PIAT gun taking out the Panzer III or Panzer IV that arrived. (Can not remember which one).

I think the British should most certainly get there own tanks, but we can't deny the number of Shermans that were issued to Commonwealth armored forces. The M4A3 and M4A4 will most likely see the two that we see in game. The US and Commonwealth will most likely have there own different versions of them though. (Firefly, E8, Jumbo) I just have a feeling though that my first time out in one an 88 Flak is going to rip clean through me.

Aniallator

Haha very true, although I think when Pegasus Bridge becomes open to everyone then we may try to play it just like that infamous night went down. Minus the PIAT gun taking out the Panzer III or Panzer IV that arrived. (Can not remember which one).

There was talk of whether or not there will be tanks in the Pegasus Bridge map, once tanks are in-game, but who knows.

I think the British should most certainly get there own tanks, but we can't deny the number of Shermans that were issued to Commonwealth armored forces. The M4A3 and M4A4 will most likely see the two that we see in game. The US and Commonwealth will most likely have there own different versions of them though. (Firefly, E8, Jumbo) I just have a feeling though that my first time out in one an 88 Flak is going to rip clean through me.

Oh how I look forward to using those 88s :)

Planned tanks that I know of are the Cromwell Mk. IV and Sherman Mk. V Firefly for the Brits (the Firefly no doubt means a normal Mk. V as well), and the Panzer IV Ausf. H and Tiger I for the Germans. The devs made progress on a Panzer II Ausf. L Luchs a while ago, but I'm not sure if that's still in the pipeline. On top of the known tanks there are a few the devs have talked about as something they'd like to get into the game once it's progressed past release, namely the Achilles tank destroyer (basically an M10 with a 17-pounder) and the Churchill Mk. VII Crocodile for the beach maps (which would mean a normal Mk. VII as well). I'm sure we'd see some DD Shermans too.

There's no telling what the US would get besides an M4A3. I don't see how an E8 could be implemented (too late war), but a Jumbo on the other hand would be possible.

VonMudra

The Luchs was made before I even joined, I believe. It's not really usable for us, as the only Luchs's to see service in Normandy were with 116th "Windhund" in Sept of 1944, well after our timeline.

Fegelein

As long as I can be a Fallschirmjäger then I don't care which chapter they choose to do.
Meine Ehre heißt Treue! 8)

1st Fallschirmjäger Division, Monte Cassino ""No other troops in the world but German paratroops could have stood up to such an ordeal and then gone on fighting with such ferocity" — Field Marshal Alexander."

Last edited:
I want to see Dunkirk

Most if any don't really cover the evacuation of Dunkirk and many soldiers had to hold up until help arrived

also maybe some early campaigns like in 1939-1940 would be interesting

FlyingR

I want to see Dunkirk

Most if any don't really cover the evacuation of Dunkirk and many soldiers had to hold up until help arrived

That would mean implementing few types boats - awesome!

It could be a great gameplay/objective. Rescue an x amount of Allied soldiers before the Germans kill them all or something like that! :eek:

Aniallator

The Luchs was made before I even joined, I believe. It's not really usable for us, as the only Luchs's to see service in Normandy were with 116th "Windhund" in Sept of 1944, well after our timeline.

I guess I'll have to wait for Chapter Six: Battle of France for my Panzer II xD

I want to see Dunkirk

also maybe some early campaigns like in 1939-1940 would be interesting

Dunkirk would indeed be interesting, though it wouldn't be so much an evacuation on the beaches than a defense against German assaults on the outskirts of town.

blurr22

Battle of the Bulge definitely needs to be a thing. I would very much like to see what could be done with snow fighting. Plus, it is probably one of the more known and recognizable battles most of the public would know.

Sydd

Battle of the bulge would really be great but you see here's the thing. Germany had big bad tanks, massive numbers in that sector.

For me, as I stated earlier, The initial invasions, invasion of poland, belgium (This one was a para ops was it not?) invasion of france etc. Or the japanese side of the invasion, I believe they started invading china yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.