• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

No KD or assist or points info in game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Maybe there should not be a kill feed to show you if you killed an enemy or not. I think for the sake of realism there should not be a message showing you that you killed someone or a scoreboard to tell you how many times you have died and how many peeps you have killed. By not having a kill feed I think you will have a more intense experience mainly because you are not sure if your grenade killed the enemy in the room you are about to clear, or if that trench ahead is free of the enemy you shot at a minute earlier. This will make players a bit more cautious in some situations (something which I don't think is too bad sometimes) and will make you rely more on your perceptive abilities rather than just reading the kill feed. Also it would be nice to have a screen free of as much info as possible and would be another step towards further immersion.

If this is too difficult for players to live with then maybe it could just be on "hardcore" servers and games. It just would be a pretty cool experience to not know exactly what awaits you in the next room even if you think you cleared it with a grenade or suppressing fire. Obviously after the match you could see how well you did and who you killed.

Also an added benefit would be that people wouldnt really care too much about their kd ration because you wouldnt even see it in a match. The only score that would matter would be your team's score.

VonMudra

I think it would be cool to not know if you killed someone or not. Then enemies could play dead, and you'd have to be a lot more careful in tank combat.

Moody

RnL doesn't show kills, deaths, or have kill messages, and I've never had a problem with that. In the end the game is fun or it's not, and kill death ratios definitely seem to boost people's egos sometimes. Considering the dynamics of the game MG's and the like will be getting tons of kills while riflemen might only get a few, but in the end it's the riflemen that are in the front lines taking objectives and pushing back the enemy.

If any sort of scoring was implemented it should give points for doing team based actions as well as kills. I would rather have no score whatsoever, simply winning the round and working as a team is reward enough, but I wouldn't mind if a scoring system was put in.

Komrade

I agree completely, no K/D ratios, kill assists or kill messages. If some players doesn't like this idea, then I think they wouldn't even like the whole game, it's all just realism!

As Moody said, there could be some sort of scoring, like getting points from teamplaying. In RnL the score list only showed your score which you gained from teamplaying or capturing areas. It was pretty nice I think.

TheBuG

Getting kills should not be the focus in a realism based game. As said by Komrade, teamplay should be. I play(ed) BF3 a lot with my friends, while the game isn't entirely focussed around teamplay, it does make you win and it gets you a high score. We usually play the general medic, engineer and support classes together and more often than not one of us has a terrible K/D score, but yet ends as one of the MVP players of the round, simply because he keeps the squad alive by dropping med kits and by playing a living spawn point.

I know it's completely different from what TW will be like, but team/squadplay should be the focus of the game. It makes a better community and it's way more fun. So I would suggest handing out scores to squads rather than individual players. Kills could be part of the score, but should not be the most rewarding. Capturing key points or completing objectives (If there are any) should be. And, I personally think scores should not be visible untill the end of the round, so it will not boost the ego of a person or squad in the round itself but will be shown to give a general overview of your squad's performance at the end of the round.

Edit: And a hardcore modus? Meh, the game itself should be focussed on hardcore players. Because when you start to soften the gameplay you'll most likely kill the feel of realism.

Status
Not open for further replies.