• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Nostalgia attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

We can all remember good games we played back in the day. We grew older and we forgot about them.

Team Apache: I remember playing it with my dad and brother when I was still a kid. Last time I played it was in 2007/2008 and I still have original CD

Lego Racers 3: I still remember the day I got it. Played a lot of it with my brother. Last time played in 2008/2009 and I have original CD

[video=youtube;_kQ6MWMR1go]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kQ6MWMR1go[/video]

Colin McRae Rally: We had a lot of fun with it, and my parents bought me and my brother steering wheel back in like 2004 or so. I remember that whole family played it.

NFS III: Hot Pursuit: Great fun with this game too. I really liked playing as a police officer in it, damn I want good old times to return.

Ecco The Dolphin: Game I can't remember so well but I can remember some parts. I only know that my dad completed it but I could never do it as a kid

GTA Vice City: I have an old pic of me sitting at the same spot as now and you can see Vice City on the screen. I remember I was sick once as a kid before I was 6 years old. My whole family got up at 7 to go to school and work but I got up to play Vice City (this memory is very lose and I can't even remember what happened after I went into the game. And not sure if I am making this up or not :p )

GTA London: This is where it all started. I remember as a kid (about 3 years old) watching my older neighbour playing GTA London. I played it myself and I had loads of fun in it.

This is all I can remember for now, there are games I can remember visually but not the name.
Tell me what you played as a kid and what game triggers your nostalgia

Last edited:

FlyingR

FIFA 98/99

Counter Strike 1.6

Age of Empires II

Battlefield 1942

I just stuck with those games for a long long time plus I spent most of my time outside or playing with Lego or Power Rangers :D

Simon

FIFA 98/99

Counter Strike 1.6

Age of Empires II

Battlefield 1942

I just stuck with those games for a long long time plus I spent most of my time outside or playing with Lego or Power Rangers :D

Fifa 98, you just reminded me of that. I remember coming home from kindergarten and playing Fifa 98. My fav were Mexicans for some reason.

Blur - Song 2 - YouTube

Roughbeak

Age of Empires I, II, and III (does the latter one count? ;))

NHL 04 & 06

Madden 2000 (American football: NFL)

Mechwarrior 4 (I did play the previous ones, but I liked "4" the most)

Battlefield 1942

Fury 3

Motocross Madness

Oregon & Yukon Trail

I probably could think of many more though, but it should be a sufficient list. :D

drummer93

Super Mario Bros

That's all. Good bye

siben

Duke Nukem 1, 2 and 3D

Red Alert 1 and 2 (like the Yuri revenge expansion also)

Half life 1 with the multiplayer, Day of Defeat and Counter Strike

Unreal Tournement 2004, especially the custom maps where 1 team had to race to an objective, and the other had to stop them.

2016-05-27 07.41.39.jpg
2016-05-27 07.43.28.jpg

Roughbeak

Zoo Tycoon was pretty good, not as good as Roller Coaster Tycoon though (IMO).

In some expansion packs for Zoo Tycoon, it was fun you could let loose some dinosaurs on some people (just simply drop them into the scene). Oh I was a horrible zoo keeper. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.