• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

You ever wanted tactical FPS for VR? Well one man is making your dream come true

Onward is a slow paced tactical first person shooter game being developed for virtual reality head mounted displays. Players will use coordination, strategy, and skill to complete objectives in 8v8 online modern infantry combat. There are limited respawns, and no HUDs or crosshairs. Become fully Immersed in the firefight.

Onward - Tactical VR FPS Game

Simon

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] I would really love to try this out

I saw it a while ago on National Geographic and when you get shot you can feel almost the same pain as if you would get shot with a real gun.

Too bad that these "Virtual Reality" toys are too expensive

Killen

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] I would really love to try this out

I saw it a while ago on National Geographic and when you get shot you can feel almost the same pain as if you would get shot with a real gun.

Too bad that these "Virtual Reality" toys are too expensive

Well i am going to war then, it's the same! In real life is more realistic :D

That's bullturd, sorry [MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION]! I don't want to feel thhat kindof pain while i am playing :S

VonMudra

Damn! This is the future of gaming, twenty years from now everything's going to be VR.

I don't see how that's gonna happen at all. You can't play most FPS with VR because massive motion sickness. You can't play grand strat, RTS, TBS games. You'd never want to play a VR version of Crusader Kings II, there would be no point to it. Platformers, RPGs that aren't first person, MMORPGs like Warcraft, none of those require or would function well with VR. VR is a great concept, wonderful for simulations and room based games, but unless they somehow solve the motion sickness issue, it isn't gonna make it into the FPS genre easily.

Simon

I don't see how that's gonna happen at all. You can't play most FPS with VR because massive motion sickness. You can't play grand strat, RTS, TBS games. You'd never want to play a VR version of Crusader Kings II, there would be no point to it. Platformers, RPGs that aren't first person, MMORPGs like Warcraft, none of those require or would function well with VR. VR is a great concept, wonderful for simulations and room based games, but unless they somehow solve the motion sickness issue, it isn't gonna make it into the FPS genre easily.

True, I like to look on my monitor when I play, a lot easier and camera doesn't shake because VR picks up every small move you make.

Aniallator

Not sure I'd want that! I think of VR like solar panels were a few years ago, it's an exciting new technology that entails a hefty price tag at the moment, but in a few years as the technology evolves, it'll go down and turn into something like a console, where lots of people have it.
[MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] sorry I didn't phrase that well, I was thinking about VR in terms of FPS games; and it's a good point, many FPS' simply wouldn't be suited to VR. Nonetheless I think it's going to catch on, and a lot of people are going to want to get it. Here's the trailer for SteamVR, HTC Vive...

Status
Not open for further replies.