• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Operating as a squad based off of classes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and to say that I am impressed would be an understatement. However, I am interested in how classes will effect team play and even smaller internal team operation. Although I saw in a previous post a bit about how the classes would work I still must ask what the implications of the class system would be. Coming from my background of playing Red Orchestra I really do enjoy the set class limit and how not everyone can be a sniper or a mg. It seems that this game is already appearing to have this idea of classes and will "force" players to form a more balanced and effective team.

However, I was wondering how this would be organized with the idea of operating as an effective squad.

1. Are you planning to have people join specific squads in order to fill roles within that team (such as a mg for an mg team along with the rifles needed to support and protect it). Or is it more open in the sense that you just have the choice of 3 mg slots and you end up where you wish? I personally like the idea of forming people into squads that have their own roles on the battlefield because it gives options for more tactical play and the development of players who are very proficient in their squad role.

2. In addition to this would it be possible have these squads and fireteams be of different size to emphasize their role? For instance would an mg team be encouraged to operate as a four man unit as opposed to a larger rifle team who is encouraged to operate as somewhat larger unit possibly 6 or 8 members (My knowledge of the exact organization of these units historically is minimal at best so enlightenment from other members is greatly appreciated).

Obviously this is all speculation on my part and considering the player count may be 32 or possibly 64 these decisions are reliant on other factors as well.

I believe this game shows extraordinary promise and I am interested in seeing how the dev team desires to handle the direction they wish to go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.