• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Our Ghosts of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Yup, another WW2 FPS. 2016/2017 really will be amazing years for gaming, and even more for WW2 FPS'. Our Ghosts of War is on UE4, and it's actually a survival game. I don't know who you play as, but I know it's set on a 78 km squared map of Omaha and inland. It's going on Steam Early Access in August. I don't know about realism, but I know it's dedicated to historical accuracy. Looks pretty cool!

Our Ghosts of War - World War 2 Survival Game
Our Ghosts of War - UE4 World War 2 Open World Survival Game Thread - Mod DB

Last edited:

FlyingR

THIS LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE!!! Good find!!

I would actually pay for this.

They want to add 78kms on each update! It seems like a remake of WWIIO could be made!

"This 78km2 terrain is already in-engine and using the Road Editor Plugin (Plugin Road Editor - This thing is fantastic. You should really pick it up!) we're going to be placing all the roads to accurately match the roads as they were in 1944 based off old maps."

Aniallator

THIS LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE!!! Good find!!

I would actually pay for this.

They want to add 78kms on each update! It seems like a remake of WWIIO could be made!

"This 78km2 terrain is already in-engine and using the Road Editor Plugin (Plugin Road Editor - This thing is fantastic. You should really pick it up!) we're going to be placing all the roads to accurately match the roads as they were in 1944 based off old maps."

As a survival game, I'm interested to know how gameplay will be. Are you French resistance? German? Can you choose? I know D-Day happens, so I imagine you fight in it, meaning you can play as the Americans and/or Germans. I wonder if it'll almost be like Kingdom Come: Normandy? Or Skyrim: WW2? It really caught my eye for the graphics though, they look amazing! In the screenshot, the cloud and sand looks gorgeous!

FlyingR

As a survival game, I'm interested to know how gameplay will be. Are you French resistance? German? Can you choose? I know D-Day happens, so I imagine you fight in it, meaning you can play as the Americans and/or Germans. I wonder if it'll almost be like Kingdom Come: Normandy? Or Skyrim: WW2? It really caught my eye for the graphics though, they look amazing! In the screenshot, the cloud and sand looks gorgeous!

Everything looks great!!! Damn I'm hyped already! I hope is everything you mention. Do they have a forum cause I didn't find one?

Aniallator

Everything looks great!!! Damn I'm hyped already! I hope is everything you mention. Do they have a forum cause I didn't find one?

Not sure, I probably just saw the same forums you saw, ModDB and UE4 forums and whatnot. It does look awesome! And to think they're planning for Earl Access in Augsut :D

mmiedzianyy

Wowoowowo! Next very interesting project. I hope it will not be FarCryich.. 3rd was a great game but i don't see it as a WWII shooter. Something like a survival realistic resistance set gameplay.. yummy!

Really, this and next year are going to be epic WWII madness. So many games announced! There will be problem with which one to choose :D

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Aniallator

That foliage isn't to die for, but the beach! The sand looks so real! The great sand plus some great clouds and the good Czech hedgehog models makes that screenshot look like a real picture. Their team did say...

"we've created the largest, most accurate representation of Normandy, France ever in the history of video games."

So clearly, they're never heard of TW. I'm betting they won't have accuracy down to individual bomb craters. I doubt they'll even have a Lebel! @FlyingR I'm pretty sure they'll have modding, so perhaps that opens up a way for modders to change the game from a survival game to a PR-tyle one?

drummer93

Ok, I was reading about this game. There isn't a lot of information, but I could conclude some aspects.
Take it easy [MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION], won't be Nazi Zombies in this game :p. I asume you will be a citizen, maybe a partisan or something like that, or maybe a simple citizen, and you can do what you want. Simple exploration, or maybe combat the Nazis, or maybe combat the Allies too !!! I'll quote:

"Our Ghosts of War can played both as an individual game, like DayZ, where you have to survive for yourself and kill opponents to salvage materials needed to survive, and more like a team effort where you can form up squads with your friends. A big part of what we're doing with Our Ghosts of War is making the game highly customizable so that players can experience The Second Great War however they like. If they want to play as a random psychopath running up and down the beaches of Omaha and the wine farms of Normandy gunning down both Allied and German troops, they can. If players want to group up with their friends and make a squad, that'll be possible as well and gameplay systems will shift to incorporate that such as squad based resource sharing, among other things."

It is a very weird concept. I assume that you can't play as a soldier (doesn't matter the faction), because you will loose your "freedom", and I imagine the possibility that groups fighting each other.
I don't know if the game will be realistic and accurate, I have my doubts, but it is a really interesting project

FlyingR

Hahaha yeah I know I was kidding :D

So as they said, it's like The Saboteur meets Day-Z... if that is the case I'm losing my interest although it's a very interesting concept like you said Drummer. If it would make it so that you can either fight as Allies, Axis or Resistance, it would be an excellent game as long as realism is added to the equation. The graphics, especially the beach like Ani mentioned, look spectacular.

Aniallator

Yeah, you must just play as a French civilian. It sounds like a fun and strange game (imagine mowing down Americans from an Omaha bunker before leaving a live grenade in the bunker for you German compatriots and running away), though I fail to understand the "survival" aspect. You're in France for god's sake, it's not like there's a shortage of good food.

FlyingR

Yeah, you must just play as a French civilian. It sounds like a fun and strange game (imagine mowing down Americans from an Omaha bunker before leaving a live grenade in the bunker for you German compatriots and running away), though I fail to understand the "survival" aspect. You're in France for god's sake, it's not like there's a shortage of good food.

Yeah that's true, one could be the *sshole of D-Day, killing both Germans and Allies hahaha.

I agree with you, they exaggerated the "survival" aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.