• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Particle Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr22

Just a quick suggestion. I think that we should have some cool extra effects where blood will splat out if you get shot and/or if you are shot but alive blood will drop out of your wounds and you will slowly bleed to death. I also think that we should have effects when bullets hit a wall, the ground, or any objects it will create a poof of dust, wood, dirt, etc. I think these would really help increase the ambiance of the game and would also make it easier to aim and just make it all around cooler.

Roughbeak

The default SDK does have those features except the blood trailing behind you when you advance. ;)

And yes I'm partially showing off my unfinished Normandy map (not in TW ;)), but that was a lot gory than I expected (forgive me kiddies)! :p

blurr22

Thats a lot of blood. I don't think we need to go overkill with it, but I do think we should have a bleeding animation where you can slowly bleed to death if you've been shot.

I disagree having jam splattered all over your face is cool, but it does serve as an indicator that you're taking damage. Though, I never understood why jam is all over your face after say, jumping out a window. Did the blood rush in front of your eyes when you fell?

I would assume there would be particle effects though, such as a spark when hitting metal, a puff of fragments or dirt when hitting wood or dirt, etc.

Roughbeak

Some people might disagree, but I think Project Reality really did a good job for like falling or jumping out of a window - that quick black & reddish feel. In PR, the suppression was a bit too tough, you could not even see anything when you are being shot at.

I prefer having your body or hands "shaking"/"shock" that you are under fire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.