• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Pickup Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Greetings TW community! :)

To make this game more appealing or jolly more fun, this game needs pickup kits (try to make it similar to FH1/FH2).
If you want to make it like> a Lee Enfield sniper at base or even hidden in the woods :eek:.
Maybe in the future try to place explosive satchel pickup kits hidden in the woods (although this would not make it historical at all ;).

Pickup kit rifle racks would also be something, have a whole line of Mauser K98s or Lee Enfields ready to be "picked up".
Even better yet, have a whole stack of Walther P38s/Lugers or Webleys in their cases, once again, to be picked up.

Just a jolly good thought :D

VonMudra

Pick up kits are indeed planned :p They will reflect scarcity, similar to FH2, or specific loadouts.

Pascucci

I actually prefer PR's system of kit requesting. Basically you can spawn in with the basic most kits, rifleman, NCO, MG gunner, but you have to request more advanced kits from a supply crate. This actually allows for a lot more options. I would love to see realistic kit limitations for squads as opposed to everyone in a squad grabbing all the rare kits off the ground before the game starts. That just encourages unrealistic and annoying competition within one's own team.

Everman

i have never ever liked pick up kits or bags of stuff that you can throw on the ground. this is beyond none realistic. there has never been a mission, or at least one that i have been on, where we have a bag of **** to throw down so we can resupply. we roll out the gate with certain types and amounts of gear and thats it. if something happens and we need more stuff it is either airdropped to us or supplied to us when re enforcements arive. but that usually never happens anyways.

Sir Apple

Yeah, but for video game sense it tends to be enjoyable and fun as well as beneficial to balancing to have some pickup kits, like a mortar or sniper rifle for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.