• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Play a Critic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Everyone can be a critic! Just say whats wrong, how to possibly improve it and whats good about it. The last one to level up my self esteem after you crushed it :p

Anyways, the subject is me trying to design a website for the clan I'm with, the 130th Panzer Lehr. This summer we want to kickstart it and we want a simple website so I took that task on me by designing this as simple, basic, calm and easy. Lehr colours are red+black so those are mandatory. I used the FH1 font cause the clan started on there and the font rocks!

Now.. Play critic!

Oh yeah, some notes I already have to improve it; going to move the entire stuff to the left to the very end of the red so I can put another frame on the right in which I can place the clan schedule when theres a match etc. and 'partners/sponsors' and server stats.

And in the banner I am going to lower the text a bit and put the Lehr logo above it.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Nice try mate. I like the banner. Made those style banners to when i got started with designing.

One good tip: Dont use the word "Welcome"! Thats the biggest mistake starting designers make. Just start with the news, fragmovies or latest clan matches.

http://psd.tutsplus.com/ <- best photoshop tutorials :p leer je veel van.

En toen gingen we naar de vomar, want de aldi had geen sinasappels meer.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Hehe thanks! Those banners are damn easy and look good, smash some pictures in layers and erase the **** out of them with a faded brush XD

And Welcome was more of a title try-out. I want to make it smaller anyways, 24 instead of 48. And when the site got an update it would say 'Site Pimped' just a generic thing to put a title in.

Haha, ik wilde opvultekst erin gooien en toen dacht, ai dan moet ik indesign opstarten, ach laat maar, onzin verhaaltje typen en klaar. Geen idee hoe ik daar op kom, toch eens naar de psychiater.

EDIT: Great site! Lots of neat stuff on there! Thanks!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Good start Fuchs. As hanni has indicated I suggst you refine your Photoshop skills. At the end of the day the site can only look as good as your Photoshop skills allows - however good you are with HTML/CSS/PHP.

One good tip: Dont use the word "Welcome"! Thats the biggest mistake starting designers make. Just start with the news, fragmovies or latest clan matches.

*hurries off to change the frontpage name*

To be fair I did know that tip but I forgot to change it from the vBulletin default. *slaps wrist* ;)

@Fuchs & Hanni: I can understand you wanting to speak dutch but please keep it to the PMs as this is an english only board. If there is more demand we can consider adding alternative language boards but we'd need a stable base of people wanting one before it would be added.

Last edited:

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Your not missing anything Naga, he redericted me to an even cheaper supermarket after I typed about it in the filling text.

Still practising with PS alot, 6 months ago I only knew how to start it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.