• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Playable through Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komrade

Sorry if this have been already asked, but I was wondering will Traction Wars be downloable and playable through Steam?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Good question - I don't think anyone has actually asked about Steam before :)

No decision has been made on Steam yet as we're not at that point but it's under consideration.

TheBuG

I personally think it would be great to have Traction Wars available through steam. It would probably increase it's popularity aswell, even though I'm not sure that would be a good thing. It would bring the not-so-nice kind of people around aswell, especially as the game is going free to play. But you could create a project on Steam Greenlight, might attract some developers aswell as not every artist etc is on CryDev or Moddb.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
A larger audience doesn't necessarily mean the game will attract not-so-nice people. In my experience the majority of issues tends to be around new players and how easily/quickly they can learn to play the game as during that time it can be very frustrating for both the new player and their teammates which is when sparks start to fly.

TheBuG

A larger audience doesn't necessarily mean the game will attract not-so-nice people. In my experience the majority of issues tends to be around new players and how easily/quickly they can learn to play the game as during that time it can be very frustrating for both the new player and their teammates which is when sparks start to fly.

In that case, if the game manages to attract more people it might be nice to have a short introductionary training ground available so people learn the basics. And maybe an arcade game mode for people to get into the game before getting into the real deal.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
In that case, if the game manages to attract more people it might be nice to have a short introductionary training ground available so people learn the basics. And maybe an arcade game mode for people to get into the game before getting into the real deal.

Totally agree!

Maniche

If this game gets to steam? Cool!

But i think it is in the interest of you guys to put an unskippable tutorial to show people to play from A to Z
I have been very frustrated playing ArmA 2 with all the kiddoes from DayZ, the did not know how to play and kept scraping the everything and that really annoyed me for a long time!

Again, this is my personal opinion/problems.

Cordialement,
Squirrel

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
I'd reckon we'd implement a system which will teach any new players the different hints and tricks that could ensure that everyone got a fun-time playing it, because I know that feeling, Squirrel, haha!

Maniche

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I think everyone has at least some bad experiences of both being a new player and having to deal with new players. I know I have.

How to help new players an interesting issue actually so I've created a new thread to see what people think

Status
Not open for further replies.