• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Preparation Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

In PR, before the round starts there's a period of time (usually 2 - 4 mins) where it's a time to prepare the battle plans, create squads, kit selection and such. Is it possible to have something similar here in TW? Just to prepare the strategy and coordinate with other sections (I know, in Chapter I there will only be 2 sections per team).

It's more efficient this way, and don't have to waste time telling players to chose/change a kit when they already spawned and stuff like that. Maybe 2 minutes would suffice. This would truly help the coordination between sections.

Aniallator

Yeah, two minutes of prep time before the round begins is necessary for allowing sections to organize role use and immediate plans, both for the section and for the team.

FlyingR

Yeah, two minutes of prep time before the round begins is necessary for allowing sections to organize role use and immediate plans, both for the section and for the team.

Yes, also to avoid spam, you would be only allowed to talk to the section and not "all-mumble", unlike PR...

Aniallator

Yes, also to avoid spam, you would be only allowed to talk to the section and not "all-mumble", unlike PR...

Agreed, the open VOIP in PR prep times was annoying :) Assuming there's positional for everyone and non-positional for SLs, transmitting on positional while in prep time should transmit only to your section, while SLs would, of course, be able to talk to one another.

FlyingR

Agreed, the open VOIP in PR prep times was annoying :) Assuming there's positional for everyone and non-positional for SLs, transmitting on positional while in prep time should transmit only to your section, while SLs would, of course, be able to talk to one another.

Exactly, would be awesome if the devs could apply this, would be so helpful!

Subass39

Preparation time can be useful IF they make it useful

i know H&G has prep time but its basically useless, all you can do is view the scoreboard and the name of the map (no, not the map or routes itself....)

If they are going to add preparation time, they should make it interactive, like being able to view the map and already start planning tactics and routes to take
maybe some misc. too like being able to see friendly's equipment to know what you have and don't have for the battle coming up

Kilroy115

Preparation time can be useful IF they make it useful

i know H&G has prep time but its basically useless, all you can do is view the scoreboard and the name of the map (no, not the map or routes itself....)

If they are going to add preparation time, they should make it interactive, like being able to view the map and already start planning tactics and routes to take
maybe some misc. too like being able to see friendly's equipment to know what you have and don't have for the battle coming up

Indeed, Reto did make a massive waste of it. Even with Squad 2.0 it still does. I am glad to see that TW won't be.

Also, Subass, I take it they finally got you with the hammer over there?

Aniallator

Haha I think you two need to play PR xD The prep screen would show the map and stuff, of course; the prep screen is the spawn screen, you just can't spawn until the two minute timer is up. Probably best not to think about things in terms of H&G ;)

Killen

Haha I think you two need to play PR xD The prep screen would show the map and stuff, of course; the prep screen is the spawn screen, you just can't spawn until the two minute timer is up. Probably best not to think about things in terms of H&G ;)

This is an old screenshot right?

It looks like PR, which is not a bad thing! It took me a while to understand things in Project Reality but now they are simple as drinking water :)

Aniallator

This is an old screenshot right?

It looks like PR, which is not a bad thing! It took me a while to understand things in Project Reality but now they are simple as drinking water :)

You didn't see this screenshot? It's not very old :)

http://www.tractionwars.com/content...-news-update-56-road-overlord-part-3-3-a.html

Haha yeah, I remember the first time I played PR... half the squad got wiped out (including me) and the other half was pinned down, so our SL was saying "Spawn at the rally! Spawn at the rally!" I was just like "What's a rally!?!"

FlyingR

You didn't see this screenshot? It's not very old :)

http://www.tractionwars.com/content...-news-update-56-road-overlord-part-3-3-a.html

Haha yeah, I remember the first time I played PR... half the squad got wiped out (including me) and the other half was pinned down, so our SL was saying "Spawn at the rally! Spawn at the rally!" I was just like "What's a rally!?!"

That's why you read the manual!!!!

The same will happen with TW... not many people will read the manual so there will be loads of problems... especially in the beginning!

As for the Debriefing time (we shall call it that now, seems cooler :D ), it would be awesome if you could place markers and icons (members of the section and stuff) in the map, to make everything clear in real time. Also the Debriefing is good to design fireteams/groups within the section. It's good to micromanage the section this way since there won't be squad chat during the actual game. The drawings and stuff could actually stay during the game, so that the NCO doesn't have to mark things all the fricking time and everybody would know more specifically what to do! This would be really cool and helpful.

For example, this would be during debriefing time:
Fireteam 1 - NCO, 1 Engineer, 1 Assault, 1 Rifleman
Fireteam 2 - 2 Rifleman, 1 LMG, 1 Assault

- FT1 will attack Cafe
- FT2 will defend bridge
- LMG will be set on the West side of Bridge, as seen on the map, and cover FT1
- As soon as FT1 captures Cafe, we will hold and wait until FT2 relieve us.
- When FT2 arrives, they will defend Cafe and FT1 will attack Chateau.

2015.10-2_02.jpg

Something like that.

You would of course have the ability to erase, and other options to make it easier and optimize the time you debrief the section.

For me, at least, this is efficient and clear. I think it's simple to implement and to avoid idiots spamming the map, you will have a limited amount of icons/arrows and stuff, and there won't be any free-drawing, so people don't draw p*enises and such. :p

Maybe for Chapter I is not necessary since maps are small or something like that, but in Chapter II that would be great.

Subass39

Indeed, Reto did make a massive waste of it. Even with Squad 2.0 it still does. I am glad to see that TW won't be.

Also, Subass, I take it they finally got you with the hammer over there?
Well....
let's just say we now know Reto's favorite Super hero
3q1pex.jpg

Aniallator

The same will happen with TW... not many people will read the manual so there will be loads of problems... especially in the beginning!

As for the Debriefing time (we shall call it that now, seems cooler :D ), it would be awesome if you could place markers and icons (members of the section and stuff) in the map, to make everything clear in real time. Also the Debriefing is good to design fireteams/groups within the section. It's good to micromanage the section this way since there won't be squad chat during the actual game. The drawings and stuff could actually stay during the game, so that the NCO doesn't have to mark things all the fricking time and everybody would know more specifically what to do! This would be really cool and helpful.

- FT1 will attack Cafe
- FT2 will defend bridge

View attachment 1462

Something like that.

You would of course have the ability to erase, and other options to make it easier and optimize the time you debrief the section.

For me, at least, this is efficient and clear. I think it's simple to implement and to avoid idiots spamming the map, you will have a limited amount of icons/arrows and stuff, and there won't be any free-drawing, so people don't draw p*enises and such. :p

Maybe for Chapter I is not necessary since maps are small or something like that, but in Chapter II that would be great.

I agree, allowing the SL to draw (and in different colors) and put markers on the map would be great! Of course, there'll always be one of "those SLs" who just wants to draw a big purple d*ck on the map, but hey, what can you do :p Perhaps SLs could have "SL" and "section" maps, different only in that the section map is where things the SL has drawn appear to his section, while on the SL map thing he's drawn would appear to the other SLs, and he/she can go between the two maps.

FlyingR

I agree, allowing the SL to draw (and in different colors) and put markers on the map would be great! Of course, there'll always be one of "those SLs" who just wants to draw a big purple d*ck on the map, but hey, what can you do :p Perhaps SLs could have "SL" and "section" maps, different only in that the section map is where things the SL has drawn appear to his section, while on the SL map thing he's drawn would appear to the other SLs, and he/she can go between the two maps.

Yeah that's actually a good idea! But for that, it would be better to have a Commander that should organize all the sections!

I really hope the Devs take into consideration this!!!!! DEVS LOOK AT THIS!!!!

Aniallator

Yeah that's actually a good idea! But for that, it would be better to have a Commander that should organize all the sections!

I really hope the Devs take into consideration this!!!!! DEVS LOOK AT THIS!!!!

Hahaha xD

Yeah, and IMO the two map overlays, section and SL (section being default), should be toggled by a button below the map, like to the left of the deploy button. Perhaps you could bind it to a key as well.

FlyingR

Hahaha xD

Yeah, and IMO the two map overlays, section and SL (section being default), should be toggled by a button below the map, like to the left of the deploy button. Perhaps you could bind it to a key as well.

Yessss I wouldn't mind it, but it could get confusing. It would be good to have one map but other squads having all the same different color. For example, your section is green and the other squads are a darker green or yellow.

mmiedzianyy

Great idea about drawing tactics. I really like it. It would look more realistic. Every SL and NCO could draw their thoughts to fellow soldiers.
Actions could be more precise because it would clearly show how the Fire Team 1 ought to flank the enemy and from which position SL wants FT2 to provide suppresing fire.

But it's more than certain that there will be some di*ks that will use their privilage to draw penises, boobs and other not relevant things..

On the other hand though, i don't mind attacking bridge which was b.oob marked ;)

Killen

- FT1 will attack Cafe
- FT2 will defend bridge

View attachment 1462

Something like that.

That's genious! i didn't think of that!! it would be really easy to manouver your squad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.