• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Project Reality help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

So I finally managed to download Windows 10, opened up Project Reality, but a few seconds after hitting "play" and having the dogtag icon appear it cancelled and did the "cleaning up resources" thing. So I can't play PR, and I've found I get crashes/errors on startup with some other games as well (Insurgency). I assume you guys have Windows 10, did you get this error? What am I missing?

EDIT: It seems as though the NVIDIA graphics have been corrupted or something, they're shown as "unavailable" in apps and features, as are numerous other applications including Punkbuster. So what happened there? More importantly does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there an easy way to uninstall then reinstall all this?

Last edited:

Aniallator

Did you post this on the PR forums, also?

Nope, don't have an account there, but it doesn't matter anyway because I've now realized that it's a Windows 10 issue. For some reason, installing Windows 10 corrupted my graphics card. My friend had the same issue, and uninstalling it and redownloading fixed the issue for him, so I'll try that. I literally cannot play any games right now, because all either crash on startup or run at two FPS.

Aniallator

I did see that in the driver settings, Windows uses the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. But this isn't the graphics card driver, I don't think.

Last edited:

Aniallator

I've narrowed down the issue to Windows 10 recognizing, but not detecting/using the NVIDIA display driver. No fixes have done anything yet.

Aniallator

Finally fixed! I attempted dozens of things, and in the end I found that the Intel drivers needed updating, even though the updates weren't shown in the update manager, not to mention the updates were from a few months back, contrary to what their version numbers would suggest... anyway, happy to be able to play games agian ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Finally fixed! I attempted dozens of things, and in the end I found that the Intel drivers needed updating, even though the updates weren't shown in the update manager, not to mention the updates were from a few months back, contrary to what their version numbers would suggest... anyway, happy to be able to play games agian ;)

Motherboard drivers or?

Aniallator

Motherboard drivers or?

From what I understand, the drivers weren't technically even the issue, the whole Intel hardware was because it was rejecting Windows 10 and consequently rendering itself incompatible with the Intel software, which in turn resulted in the computer not recognizing the video card and using the default Microsoft card instead. I'm unclear if I updated the Intel HD 4600 card with a newer version or a previous one, but doing so resolved the issue. Which I'm very glad for, because the ASUS support told me I ought to backup my hard drive, revert to 8.1, do a factory reset then a clean install of Windows 10.

@FlyingR fingers crosses that my Internet is playable, but I wouldn't count on it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.