• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

I have an idea where you have a ranking system similar to Arma 2, where you earn points by helping teammates and capturing objectives and by killing enemies (i think this should have the least amount of earning points.) So my other idea was that whoever has the highest rank in a certain squad, that person will be the NCO or the commander of that certain squad. But this is an idea if your going to add a ranking system in the game, if not then this idea is useless.

Roughbeak

Having the highest rank for being NCO is a good idea in one sense, but in another way it could be a noob who has played a long time there on the server. :D

Troy

Arma 2 doesn't have a ranking system!

To my knowledge i believe they have decided to not have a ranking system.

It wouldn't work because, if someone is a high rank it doesn't mean that they are fit to lead a section or a team.

This is just my opinion by the way, but any kind of ranking system would wreck the realism side to the game for me. Not necessarily for others but, thats just my opinion.

VonMudra

Yep, no ranking system. It would be unfair to extremely high quality players who can't find much time to play, and a huge bonus to people who just play 24/7 and have no life but may be terrible team players. Anyways there are no unlockables, no special bonuses, etc. It is fair easier and egalitarian to allow ANYONE to start a squad and be a squad leader. If they are good team players, they will attract people to join their squads. We want to encourage as much teamplay as possible, not encourage lone gunners who happen to play nonstop.

drummer93

Ok ok wait a minute. If you play, you got experience. You can´t be a noob if you have a good rank, because if you have a good rank, you killed other players, you destroyed objetives, etc..you have to do the rank system based in kills and death, NOT ONLY KILLS. If you kill 200 players because you PLAY A LOT, but you die 400 times, you have to have a bad rank.
You say that you want to give the same posibility for be the NCO, but if be your first time, you are a noob too, and I prefer be commanded for other player better than me. I dont want to take stupid decisions.
Maybe you can do a balance system like War Thunder. Games for rank 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc., or something like. Thus all the players have the posibility to the NCO, and not be commanded everytime for the same player. For example, you start to play, and when you have the rank 5, you enter in a queue for be the NCO. When you be the NCO you change to rank 6-10, and start again....
It's so strange i know, but I imagine it like that xD

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.