• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Reloading animations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

The problem with that animation is the new mag, it requires more time to extract it from your pouch. Consider that the guy of the video I posted is a f*cking Terminator xD

Yeah hahaha that is really cool! Is that possible with the Thompson, MP40, etc.? That's why I said slower, so that they can add the animation of extracting it from the pouch.

drummer93

Yeah hahaha that is really cool! Is that possible with the Thompson, MP40, etc.? That's why I said slower, so that they can add the animation of extracting it from the pouch.

I think no, it is not possible with that weapons because the receiver is different. I don't know how to explain you the difference hahaha

Aniallator

@Aniallator, ok at this point I can see that both can comprehend each other, and I think that we want the same :p . I don't want fast reloads, no, I want realistic reloads as fast as possible. That implicates not waste time in unnecessary things. About drop the magazine, that's all about the situation. In the middle of an intense combat you will drop it. In Argentina, the army trains the soldiers to change the FAL magazine hitting the used one with the new one. I couldn't find a video about the FAL, but you can see this, that is the same process:

That guy is f*cking Terminator, Jesus!

Anyway, we know that in TW used magazines, empty or not, are dropped when reloaded, so that cuts down reloading time a bit. My uncle is a military history professor, and when I was visiting him last week he was able to get us into a private WW2 museum; being private it was very interactive, and I was actually allowed to touch and pick up more than half the stuff there, including any weapons not on a tripod. Being able to hold, sight, and simulate reloading (yes, I simulated reloading each weapon) K98s, Lee-Enfields, MP40s, Stens, Brens, Thompsons, et cetera - all these weapons we'll see in TW - really shaped how I'd like to see them and their reloading process implemented (hence this thread). Holding a Bren, for example, I could appreciate the clunky, heavy feeling of the weapon in the TW Bren showcase, and I'd actually like to see all reloads feel even heavier.

I want to see realistic reloading too, but I don't necessarily want it to be as fast as possible. Having a feel for these weapons, I want to be able to be in TW, watch someone in my section reload (for example, pulling out and tossing away the used magazine, pulling a new one out of a magazine pouch, turning it and sliding it into the magazine well then cocking the bolt back), and think "Okay, I think I could do it the way he's doing it and at the speed he's doing it IRL, so that reload works for me."

Something like this except maybe a bit slower? :p

The speed of that made me cringe xD

drummer93

you are so lucky Ani. The most similar WWII gun that I had in my hands was an Argentinian Mauser and a Luger :p. That kind of guns are not a common thing in this part of the world, sadly. What you say about the heavy feeling is interesting and I total agree. The TW Bren animation is the best!

Aniallator

you are so lucky Ani. The most similar WWII gun that I had in my hands was an Argentinian Mauser and a Luger :p. That kind of guns are not a common thing in this part of the world, sadly. What you say about the heavy feeling is interesting and I total agree. The TW Bren animation is the best!

I didn't even mention the StG 44 :D And yeah, the TW Bren's reloading animation is to die for! The heavy feeling is amazing, and I hope they take it further :) BTW didn't the Argentinian Army use K98s, or G98s, and other German equipment during WW2? I know their uniforms looked an awful lot like the German ones. Believe it or not, though, IIRC Argentina produced like 60% of Britain's beef during the war.

drummer93

I didn't even mention the StG 44 :D And yeah, the TW Bren's reloading animation is to die for! The heavy feeling is amazing, and I hope they take it further :) BTW didn't the Argentinian Army use K98s, or G98s, and other German equipment during WW2? I know their uniforms looked an awful lot like the German ones. Believe it or not, though, IIRC Argentina produced like 60% of Britain's beef during the war.

The Argentinian Mauser 1909 is the best one, even better than the German G98, and I'm not overreacting. The quality of the materials and manufacturing processes were better.

About the uniforms, we have Prussians traditions, so our uniforms looked like the Germans ones, our military marches have the same style, and we used the holster in the left side xD.

Some time ago I posted in "picture of the day" some photos about our army, like this one.

Sadly our army will never be the same. That was our glory time :/. In that moment we started to produce the Pulqui II, but well, we lost it. Our history is very long and
complex.

Aniallator said:
Believe it or not, though, IIRC Argentina produced like 60% of Britain's beef during the war.

And because of that we had a lot of Lancaster and Gloster Meteor haha :p

FlyingR

Oh man... Argentina during WWII... we helped both sides hahaha! On one hand we sent supplies and a few men to the Allies and on the other hand the Government help escape the Nazis to Argentina and welcome them with open hand (ODESSA) and sent some supplies as well.

Just as we got the Lancaster and Gloster meteor from the Brits for our help, we also "got sent" one of the Horten brothers (Reimar Horten) and he designed a few flying wings here ( [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] actually gave me that information).

And last fact, Argentina declared war to Germany and Japan on March 27, 1945.

Status
Not open for further replies.